Cannot find .22lr ammo in Shreveport/Bossier area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    I just picked up a .22 rifle a couple of days ago and cannot even find decent bulk ammo anywhere, even online. Im almost having to order from CTD, but I dont want to support them.

Last edited:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Keep looking, it's online for sure. And not at "rape you without lube" prices.

Sportsmansguide has some for sure, I ordered some last night and it was in stock.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    They had some at the gun show. $6/50 and it was going fast!

But I agree, I have been looking for it and having a hard time finding it. I have 6000rd on order from SG, 3400rd on order from PSA, and just finally got my LGS/Cousin to sell me a few bricks of Blazer.

Hard times when 22 is in short supply! BTW I didnt see any in stock on SG

Last edited:

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Same here. I have a rifle and pistol that I want to break in with CCI and I only have about 50 rounds of it and have looked locally for over 2 weeks and still can't find. I just need to order online and wait. At least I would know it was coming. Maybe not quickly but it would come.

LawDawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Benton, LA
    Academy Sports still gets it, but you have to be there on delivery dates and wait in line for the store to open. Wally World in Bossier had a couple of 1,000 round bricks of M-22 the other day, but its gone. It's still trickling into the stores but you have to be lucky enough to be there when they unload it.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    Academy Sports still gets it, but you have to be there on delivery dates and wait in line for the store to open. Wally World in Bossier had a couple of 1,000 round bricks of M-22 the other day, but its gone. It's still trickling into the stores but you have to be lucky enough to be there when they unload it.

My brother did the Academy dance the other day. One box was the max, even of .22. He waited in line to buy a bucket of the Remington which wouldn't run through his 22 AR conversion haha

idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    Found remington .22lr golden bullet HV at the walmart in Ruston. Guy said they just got them in a couple of hours ago and theyd be gone by 12 tomorrow. Picked up a couple boxes of 225 rds. $9.XX a box.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Found remington .22lr golden bullet HV at the walmart in Ruston. Guy said they just got them in a couple of hours ago and theyd be gone by 12 tomorrow. Picked up a couple boxes of 225 rds. $9.XX a box.

Good. Was about to tell you to go ahead and backorder 2 or 3 bricks on Sportsmans Guide, then when I came to town I was just going to loan you a brick until yours came in.

idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    That would have been very nice of you. Im glad I found some ammo; by the time I shoot these it will probably be 2014 and ammo wont be scarce haha

LawDawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Benton, LA
    I spoke with the guy at the counter of the Walmart on Shreveport-Barksdale this afternoon and he told me the ammo would be "flowing" in regularly in two weeks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    The one on Bert Kouns also said they are getting shipments practically everyday. Whats in stock in the mornings is gone within hours. He said to call around 7:30am to see if they have what youre looking for before its gone. Ive got my 500 rds. for now. I dont think I need to worry about ammo while this craze is still around.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Ok, it's currently not in stock on SportsmansGuide. But I ordered 5,000rnds today with a backorder date of Feb 18. That's still not bad.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I back ordered .22lr.... Really a sad day... I HAD TO BACK ORDER .22LR! I have more than I care to count, but I shoot it two bricks at a time!

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    I went by Cash in a Flash and they had a few boxes of higher end .223, a few horribly priced rifles, no .22, and a metric crap ton of people.

No Shields either haha

EnderMX

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I have some Winchester Super X 22lr 40 gr (equivalent of CCI minimag). I have them in plastic boxes of 100 rounds. Willing to sell for non-price gouging $7 per 100 round box. FTF in Baton Rouge. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom