Can't CCW in whole foods again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Not long ago there was a post about an incident in a Walmart where a customer who had a CWP decided to unload his weapon so he could show it to someone. He had an unintentional discharge while unloading. No one was injured but if there had been it's likely that someone would have sued the gun's owner, it's manufacturer and the store. A store with a sign might be able to cut it's legal fee losses by requesting to be dismissed from the suit because they had the sign.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Why would you want to unload and show your firearm inside Walmart?
    There was a thread on here about that incident right after it happened. And I'm pretty sure the Dipshit #1 was OC and Dipshit #2 was all googly-eyed over it and things progressed from there.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Say What????

Why would you want to unload and show your firearm inside Walmart?[/QUOTE]

Or even BE IN WALMARK in the first place?

dxy8njmqojxjldz634jc.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    To review:

Whole Foods doesn't prosecute shop lifters the first time.

They have signs that say you can't bring a firearm into the store.

Mine's concealed. They don't do a body search or have metal detectors.

I would never break any law on a public forum. So If I were in theory to carry my CCW in Whole Foods and they do catch me carrying than they don't prosecute me. But do ask me to leave.

Summation:

I don't care about the sign.

Thank you OC'ers again for causing more problems than you're worth.

Dave

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Thank you OC'ers again for causing more problems than you're worth.

Dave

I don't understand this comment...How did the OC'er cause the issue here? At the time of the incident, there were no signs stating "No Firearms", he was never asked to leave by the store, when asked to leave by police he complied.

I don't see what the OC'er did to cause problems here.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Regardless of how I feel about this incident, after reading the lawsuit it is apparent that the gentlemen needs to be more aware of his surroundings and practice weapon retention.

MOTOR51

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    This also illustrates a funny yet sad discrepancy: A black guy can have an encounter with the police, get his ass beaten, right or wrong, and that's the end of it.

A white guy has an encounter with the police, the only thing hurt is his pride, and he files a civil law suit.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    This also illustrates a funny yet sad discrepancy: A black guy can have an encounter with the police, get his ass beaten, right or wrong, and that's the end of it.

A white guy has an encounter with the police, the only thing hurt is his pride, and he files a civil law suit.

absolutely not true. many criminals get their ass beat and take it, they had it coming.

grabbing some armchair commando by the neck, disarming him all under the color of law, with no legal grounds to do so is pretty damn STUPID.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Mr. Monaco submits that Sgt. Bowser, acting in the course and scope of his employment with Whole Foods, either intentionally or negligently caused him to suffer severe emotional distress by assaulting, battering, and falsely imprisoning him. Sgt. Bowser’s conduct was unlawful and outrageous, particularly given his status as an NOPD sergeant. Sgt. Bowser paraded Mr. Monaco through the store towards his vehicle, parked near a busy thoroughfare, and refused Mr. Monaco’s request to continue the encounter to his car in the rear parking lot – a more discrete location. As a result, the public impression was given that Mr. Monaco was guilty of a crime sufficient to warrant his disarmament and detention. Mr. Monaco was attacked and publicly humiliated, causing him to suffer severe emotional distress.

Kinda hard to claim he was paraded in a way that gave public perception of detention when he is following the officer without handcuffs on, don't you think?

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    grabbing some armchair commando by the neck, disarming him all under the color of law, with no legal grounds to do so is pretty damn STUPID.

I do not venture into any area in which I may come into contact with the New Orleans Police. They frighten me as much or more than the criminal element down there does and I'm in LE.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I do not venture into any area in which I may come into contact with the New Orleans Police. They frighten me as much or more than the criminal element down there does and I'm in LE.

im not fearful of them. i talk to them and say hello and go to NOLA a lot. And I am not in LE

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom