Car is an extension of your home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Agreed, I would not mind having to pay more for a class to have it conducted by some with knowledge of laws and interpretations, I went to my first class and wouldn't turn in my app, I felt too ignorant of laws to carry. Went later to another given by a cop / JP who had better knowledge, then I sent app off and now have just filed first renewal

I don't like the fact that such a high responsibility subject can be taught by some one with a NRA hunter safety course level of knowledge

I get flamed for this but I'd favor more requirements and training to lift all restrictions from CHL

I agree. Don't get me wrong, not all LEO know all the laws obviously, and there is nothing stopping a non-LEO from learning more than LEO about applicable laws, but most guys with LEO experience who choose to teach these kind of classes seem to know a little more because they are around it more and have an interest. That said, there are also those who "fake it till they make it." I am of course sometimes wrong, but i make sure I stdy what is out there, and I support all my slides with actual statutory law.

Top Bottom