Car was broken into yesterday....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Some punk broke into my car yesterday. Punched in the front passenger window, grabbed some sunglasses and spare emergency wallet in my center console, and grabbed some luggage from my trunk that belonged to my niece and nephew that were in town visiting. Crazy thing was I was parked in front if the entrance door to the residence inn by Marriott and it was in broad daylight. I parked at 2pm and came back at 4pm to put more money in the meter. So in a 2 hour gap they had the audacity to break in my car with a lot of cars on the street... This was in down town New Orleans

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Sorry to hear that man.. atleast it's just stuff though.

Did the Marriott or any surrounding stores have any cameras out front that might have some good footage?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They didn't have a camera by the door facing out. And the parking lot across the street has cameras but they say its just for the lot. The punk that broke it tried to pump gas with my credit card on Elysian Fields shortly after. When I called the credit card company they were able to find that out. He also stole my prescription glasses I keep in my car too.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    ...."This was in down town New Orleans"

......."tried to pump gas with my credit card on Elysian Fields shortly after."

Both of those areas are questionable to me when I am down there. Hope you luck out and get your stuff back. Knowing New Orleans I would guess either or both of those cameras got it but neither of those places want to get involved so they tell you "no" to stay out of it.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yea, the camera in the parking lot looks like its pointed directly in the direction of the car, but when the hotel staff went to ask to check the cameras, parking lot attendee said its only for the parking lot only and I was parked on the street separated by an iron fence. The hotel didnt have cameras when we looked. And were nice enough to let me have some bags and tape to keep the rain out of my car. Sucks that it happened, but it did and nothing I can do for now. Detective came out for less than 2 minutes, basically saying this has been happening a lot lately and drove off. Didn't seem interested in catching the guy. Glass masters is the only shop that could get me in today and the tint shop I go to tinted it for free since I've done all my cars there and recenty did my escalade there. So thanks to mobile audio and security on Williams for being so nice. Especially with the type of tint I have isn't cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom