Car Window Tinting in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Good question I was going to ask but didn't want to get personal. I've heard alot of people saying they had a exemption but this was the first one I've seen.

They are not required to have an Inspection Sticker either.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My sister had the exemption for tint, and it wasn't as easy as some people saying about having a note from the eye dr. She had to get some forms filled out by her physician, and they only accept a handful of conditions. Then afterwards it had to be notarized and sent to LSP for approval, then LSP gave her a form to keep in her car. She had her whole car tinted including the windshield.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My sister had the exemption for tint, and it wasn't as easy as some people saying about having a note from the eye dr. She had to get some forms filled out by her physician, and they only accept a handful of conditions. Then afterwards it had to be notarized and sent to LSP for approval, then LSP gave her a form to keep in her car. She had her whole car tinted including the windshield.

You are a Pharmacist and you think sending forms to the LSP after being filled out by your Doctor and being Notarized is a difficult task?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You are a Pharmacist and you think sending forms to the LSP after being filled out by your Doctor and being Notarized is a difficult task?

Not that it's difficult, but harder than what most people think. A bunch of my friends have "notes" they keep in their glove compartment from an optometrist that says they are sensitive to sun light, hence the need for tint. From my understanding, that's not legal. There's only a few conditions that LA will accept. One of which is Lupus.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    How did you acquire this?

I have a medical condition where I will break out in hives when exposed to the sun for too long. It required my doctor filling out a form that I had notarized, a set of prints, and a money order for the background check.

This is the first exemption I have since the latest change in the law. Someone from DPS came to me and placed that sticker on my car! Prior to that, the exemptions were way easier to get.

Last edited:

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    If you want the highest heat rejection, without going dark. Look at Wincos. I have it on my escalade, and it's better than the lumnar ceramic I had on a previous car. Not only does it reject heat, you can get the light 40-50% version and it'll still out perform other tint. People with normal tint (non-mettalic or ceramic) don't realize the cheaper tint actually attracts heat. It's like wearing a black t-shirt in the summer.

Does it look blue from the inside? I was going to get my front windshield done with Winco 70%

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have a medical condition where I will break out in hives when exposed to the sun for too long. It required my doctor filling out a form that I had notarized, a set of prints, and a money order for the background check.

This is the first exemption I have since the latest change in the law. Someone from DPS came to me and placed that sticker on my car! Prior to that, the exemptions were way easier to get.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard people for years talk about their letter they carry. I guess back in the day when your mama's friend the nurse would write you something up. and you thought you were legal. Your's is the first I've seen. Not so easy to get it the legal way.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88295

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Does it look blue from the inside? I was going to get my front windshield done with Winco 70%

I have wincos 20% all around and wincos 35% on the windshield. I like it And my car stays cool inside year round. I can jump in my car in the middle of July without burning my
    8B793D6D-45C5-449D-BF48-5A9860D05B46-4566-000001A41D1B421B_zpsc38755a0.jpg

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have wincos 20% all around and wincos 35% on the windshield. I like it And my car stays cool inside year round. I can jump in my car in the middle of July without burning my butt.

So yours is illegal? Nice Blue Line sticker :D

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So yours is illegal? Nice Blue Line sticker :D

You already know the answer to that question. Also I am fully comfortable with any issues they has happened or will happen due to the modifications of my car.

I feel as if you are not willing to pay the fine associated with the modification, than you shouldnt do it.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Even with either exemption, Security or Medical, it is still illegal to have windshield tinted at all with the exception of the top 6 inches.

From my understanding that's not true, my sisters medical conditions allowed her to negate the tint laws. Regardless of the Windshield or not. Unless you want her to brake out in a butterfly rash, and cause her to have internal inflammation when exposed to the sun while taking meds which causes even higher sensitivity to the sun. She has to wear a wet suit when she takes her kids swimming in the pool.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Even with either exemption, Security or Medical, it is still illegal to have windshield tinted at all with the exception of the top 6 inches.

This is what you're talking about right? D. Any exemption granted pursuant to this Section shall not apply to the area below the top six inches of a motor vehicle windshield.

There's a Firefighter truck I see that is so blacked out I don't know her he drives it. You can't hardly see in the windshield.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

Doc visit is very time consuming, let alone expensive. Usually it takes a few months just to get an appointment. When you get there it's then hours in the waiting room, so it blows half a work day easily. Then you're in for an expensive bill for the visit itself.

Plus notary fees ;)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

Very interesting and strange. I wonder if that applies to security exemptions too... Thanks for sharing!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    From my understanding that's not true, my sisters medical conditions allowed her to negate the tint laws. Regardless of the Windshield or not. Unless you want her to brake out in a butterfly rash, and cause her to have internal inflammation when exposed to the sun while taking meds which causes even higher sensitivity to the sun. She has to wear a wet suit when she takes her kids swimming in the pool.

Your understanding is wrong. If you read the top portion of the Medical Exemption Form (located here: http://lsp.org/pdf/WindowTintExemption-Medical_new.pdf)
    as well as the law's Section D (Located here: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88295) it clearly states that the windshield, with the exception of the top 6 inches, is not included in the exemption.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Doc visit is very time consuming, let alone expensive. Usually it takes a few months just to get an appointment. When you get there it's then hours in the waiting room, so it blows half a work day easily. Then you're in for an expensive bill for the visit itself.

Plus notary fees ;)

Not only that, not all doctors are comfortable filling out those forms. Which in my sisters case I was able to get an exemption since she didn't drive till her mid 20's and I've been driving since my early teens (I'm younger then her).

And she has never had any problems even when pulled over with the notarized letter approve from lsp.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Your understanding is wrong. If you read the top portion of the Medical Exemption Form (located here: http://lsp.org/pdf/WindowTintExemption-Medical_new.pdf)
    as well as the law's Section D (Located here: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88295) it clearly states that the windshield, with the exception of the top 6 inches, is not included in the exemption.

Apparently I'm wrong, but that the same time, that form had since been revised since 2009, and she moved out of Nola before Katrina, so maybe it was valid back then. Bc I went with her probably in 2003 to get her brake tag and they gave her one after giving them the note. Her windshield was 18% btw

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The old forms are invalid and only the new ones are (supposed) to be accepted by LEO as well as inspection stations. The new ones are also only good for three years unless the owner of the vehicle is over the age of 60.

Top Bottom