Car You Once Owned and Wish You Had Again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I had a '69 LWB C-10 when I was 16. The previous owner's wife had totaled their '74 Oldsmobile Delta 98, so he decided to merge the two. He liberated the in-line 6 and 3 on the tree from the truck to install the 455 Rocket and turbo 400 tranny. He cut the clutch pedal off with a torch and blew a hole in the floor to install a Mr. Gasket shifter. Then he got creative and installed the tilt/telescopic steering column from the Delta 98 and two of the Olds hubcaps on the front wheels of the truck. It was something else... I wish I had pics of the actual truck. :hs: looked a lot like this one, just not as shiny.

CS149F852164-1c.jpg

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    had one of these too, right after the Chevy. 1982 Toyota 4x4 w/the Black Package with 3" suspension and 3"body lift rolling on 35" Gumbo Mudders. It looked like this one most of the time too!

2959040002_large.jpg

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    74 International Scout. 304, 4 barrel, 4 on the floor, posi trac.
    Pulling little sob.
    55 Bel-air 2 door. 265 V8 with Power Pack option.

Art

Almost forgot about that one. I had a '74 Scout with a 258 AMC six, 3 on da flo. Guy I bought it from had lost the back seat. Painted the inside some awful baby turd yellow, had the suspension fixed and springs rearched with 3" of lift, Earl Scheid Ford Forest green paint job. Put some 31 x 10.5 mud grips on it. You could put it in 4 lo and 2nd gear and just creep thru the woods without ever touching the throttle. Put a partition inside and I could carry 15 Walker hounds in the back comfortably.
    Why don't they make trucks like that anymore?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    1984 Olds Cutlass Calais, white with blue Landau top and Centerline wheels, slow as hell with 231 V6 Buick motor but the ladies loved it. It had one heck of a sound system.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    K since missing a couple of vehicles is allowed I also miss this one, my second Honda , we named him "el Moco" which means "The Bugger", it would still be alive if it wasnt for my brother getting drunk and flipping it, good ole days in HighSchool LOL.

95 EG3 with a swapped B18C Spec R DC2, skunk2 full suspension, recaro seats, ractive full exhaust.

This was for the release of "The Fast and the Furious" in 2001 at the local Mall in Guatemala.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    1970 El Camino - Was all original except for the paint. It was repainted by the previous owner the original color. My Dad bought it for me when I was 13 as a father/son project. I learned how to drive in that car ( or truck, however you see it ). Then Katrina killed it.

Still have it in the shop with scars from Katrina, but it won't be anywhere near what it was.

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    I had a 1995 Honda Accord EX, Kitted, dropped, 18's, custom hood (Same hood as Guate_shooters has), custom front fenders, shaved handles on all 4 doors, standard shift, remote start, halo headlights (Same headlights as Guate_shooters has), led side marker lights on the side mirrors, man I miss that car....traded it in on my current avalanche lol right after Katrina...

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I had a 1995 Honda Accord, Kitted, dropped, 18's, custom hood (Same hood as Guate_shooters has), custom front fenders, shaved handles on all 4 doors, standard shift, remote start, halo headlights (Same headlights as Guate_shooters has), led side marker lights on the side mirrors, man I miss that car....traded it in on my current avalanche lol right after Katrina...

Mine was cooler my BAWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    1970 El Camino - Was all original except for the paint. It was repainted by the previous owner the original color. My Dad bought it for me when I was 13 as a father/son project. I learned how to drive in that car ( or truck, however you see it ). Then Katrina killed it.

Still have it in the shop with scars from Katrina, but it won't be anywhere near what it was.

Dave, I'm in the process of restoring a 71 elky that I bought last year, got about another 3 or 4 months to go; It will be just like the one I owned in the early 70s ecept this one has a big block; they are a hoot to drive

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dave, I'm in the process of restoring a 71 elky that I bought last year, got about another 3 or 4 months to go; It will be just like the one I owned in the early 70s ecept this one has a big block; they are a hoot to drive

I love El Caminos :D

I had a chance to buy a 1959 El Camino, but after seeing the body in person I changed my mind. Once the Model A and 38 Chevy pickup are out of the shop, work should begin on the El Camino. I still haven't gotten the dried up Katrina mud out of the body.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    1957 Chevy. 2 door. 283 automatic.

Given to me. At that time it was just another 17 year old car. Not a classic. Transmission leaked oil. Radio had tubes that warmed up just in time to pull into the high school parking lot.

Lot of memories in that ride. Wish I had never gotten rid of it.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    2003 cobra, dark shadow grey. 526/555 rwhp/rwtq on 90 deg day. Straight off the street, no ice.

The other is my 91 coupe but I bought it back so all is good

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    2003 cobra, dark shadow grey. 526/555 rwhp/rwtq on 90 deg day. Straight off the street, no ice.

The other is my 91 coupe but I bought it back so all is good

One of my regrets was passing on the 2003/2004 Mach1 or Cobra and going with the S197 platform. I liked the looks of the 2005+ Mustang, but I liked the performance and handling of the 2003/2004 Cobra better. That particular Mach1 was a beast too with better high end power from the 4v 4.6.

Another favorite of mine was the late 80s to early 90s Notchback with the 5.0. I always wanted one but never purchased one.

Top Bottom