Carb rebuilding?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Anybody know of a place that rebuilds carbs? I have a few single barrel carburetors that are for 4 cylinder equipment engines that need kits and heavy cleaning. Can't find any places googling and figured someone on here might know of a place.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anybody know of a place that rebuilds carbs? I have a few single barrel carburetors that are for 4 cylinder equipment engines that need kits and heavy cleaning. Can't find any places googling and figured someone on here might know of a place.

I would recommend staying away from carbs. Protein and fats are going to make you feel full longer and yield to increased muscle gains. :mamoru:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Nobody relieable that I know of anymore. Carb work is a dieing art, fuel injection has taken over. I do all my own for race cars ( Holleys) and their pretty simple. Get a gallon of Chem tool and soak the parts for a few days. Get a kit and give it a shot.

When it comes to induction - Injection is nice but id rather be blown !

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    ^^^^this. It's not as difficult as you think. Smaller equipment usually has no idle mixture adjustments, and if it is single carb, there is no balancing to do. Even if you have to adjust the mixture and balance, it's not that difficult. I'm pretty experienced on this for equipment and motorcycles. Been doing it since I was 20 and I bought my first non-running junked out bike (37 now). Never messed with carbs on a car, but I would if I had a car that had one (my first car did, but the carb never messed up.) If you can take pics and post them, I'd be willing to help walk you through it if you want to do it yourself.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Probably any good small engine shop. I was a Mechanic for 25 years back when carburators were the norm. I have built many of them. You could do it yourself. If you can get them clean and find a kit it's not hard to do. Just check the adjustment screw settings before you start and put them back where you found them and you should be close enough to get it started, and adjust from there.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I know it is easy to do I do them for my little engines around the house but these are for work and my boss wants a professional to do it. There is a small engine repair shop nearby that do the work. I will have to give them a try

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Try JCWhitney for your rebuild kit. Then soak it in a carb cleaner. If you have and ultra sonic parts cleaner that will work better. Follow the instructions in the kit, should be simple. I used to be a mechanic since I was a teenager rebuilt many carbs in my day.

Top Bottom