Carry @ permited events

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird007

Not wrong, just different
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    St.Amant
    OK maybe someone can clarify this for me, acording to the following Louisiana law.
    Prohibited Locations
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity; Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.

So does this mean I cant carry @ Jambalaya festival, La state fair, Pennington balloon championships, ect...... You know, all the places were you might REALLY need to have your weapon handy.:confused:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    OK maybe someone can clarify this for me, acording to the following Louisiana law.
    Prohibited Locations
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity; Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.

So does this mean I cant carry @ Jambalaya festival, La state fair, Pennington balloon championships, ect...... You know, all the places were you might REALLY need to have your weapon handy.:confused:

Not if it is a "Permitted Event", Most festivals such as these are "Permitted".

Jaybird007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    St.Amant
    I guess this is just another example of the left wingers not wanting us to be able to protect ourselves when we really need to. I mean, these events are when all the crazies and the less desirable people of our communities decide to come out of the woodworks and ruin our family events.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    bo77r6ub7fqlc7a0vxju.jpg

Jaybird007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    St.Amant

Gordon Hutchinson @ bass pro. I kinda already knew the answer to my own question, just needed clarification. Don't wanna be unarmed because of ignorance of the law when I can otherwise be carrying . I guess this is why you have to take refresher courses every few years.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I guess this is just another example of the left wingers not wanting us to be able to protect ourselves when we really need to. I mean, these events are when all the crazies and the less desirable people of our communities decide to come out of the woodworks and ruin our family events.

I guess you'll just have to open carry at those events from now on. Good luck with that.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Call the SO in whatever parish the event is being held at, 99.99% of the time they are in charge to provide security for the even so they will tell you if its allowed with a permit or not, since most events "forget" to post it on their fliers.

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    Before y'all go bashing me....forgive my ignorance. I'm confused now...are you saying open carry is allowed and only concealed carry is illegal?
    I open carry and thought I would need to dis-arm in the same places a CC was not legal.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Before y'all go bashing me....forgive my ignorance. I'm confused now...are you saying open carry is allowed and only concealed carry is illegal?
    I open carry and thought I would need to dis-arm in the same places a CC was not legal.

You cannot OC there mainly because they serve alcohol for consumption on premise and thee will most likely be signs prohibiting firearms....and lots of JBFP...Jack Booted FUn Police.

the-truth-demotivational-poster-123.jpg

Scorpion210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Here is what my CC instructor told the students of the class I was in. When you are at such an event, look for port-a-potties. If they have a permit for the parade, demonstration, etc., then they are required to have x number of restrooms per x number of estimated attendees per the permit guidelines. If the port-a-potties are present then it is a good indicator that a legal permit is present and you are not allowed to carry. Is it 100% accurate?....no, but it is accurate more times than not.

2nd option is to go find someone to ask if they have a permit. If you are already at the parade then just who is it you ask and where will you find them? By this time, you are already breaking the law by carrying and then here we go............

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Here is what my CC instructor told the students of the class I was in. When you are at such an event, look for port-a-potties. If they have a permit for the parade, demonstration, etc., then they are required to have x number of restrooms per x number of estimated attendees per the permit guidelines. If the port-a-potties are present then it is a good indicator that a legal permit is present and you are not allowed to carry. Is it 100% accurate?....no, but it is accurate more times than not.

2nd option is to go find someone to ask if they have a permit. If you are already at the parade then just who is it you ask and where will you find them? By this time, you are already breaking the law by carrying and then here we go............

So, if you have to pee or poop on the ground, you can bring your gun.

Hmmmmm.....

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

Yeah but are you at a parade or in a parade????

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Negative. Exact text is as follows. Nowhere else does it mention all permitted functions.

"(9) A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity."

It then mentions Class A-General retail alcohol premises, but the Class A-General is not what fairs/festivals/parades/etc. get. That permit requires a permanent bar with non-movable sink, etc., etc.

The organizers of a fair/festival can choose to make it a no-carry zone by posting signage, but it's not automatic in the law.

Top Bottom