Carrying Without a Permit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Open Carry is Legal in the state of Louisiana .
    No permit required . You do have to be legally able to own and posses a firearm ... but no prmits are required !
    Gary
    Open carry is 100% legal in Louisiana as it should be.

Constitutional carry in not until July, 4th 2024 until it goes into effect unless you’re a veteran with an honerable discharge and a way to prove it such as your DD214 or VETERAN status on your drivers license.

Long overdue and should be all 50 states and territories with reciprocity throughout. It’s really crazy how many unconstitutional laws and rules we’ve allowed to be passed over the years.

Last edited:

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    That’s not until July, 4th 2024 until it goes into effect unless you’re a veteran with an honerable discharge and a way to prove it such as your DD214 or VETERAN status on your drivers license.

Long overdue and should be all 50 states and territories with reciprocity throughout. It’s really crazy how many unconstitutional laws and rules we’ve allowed to be passed over the years.

believe they are talking about Open carry

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    It's been a while that I bothered to click on an MSN link. Always disappointing, but this time they are posting false information that could land some one in jail.

The "Permitless Carry" law for Louisiana has yet to take affect.

wrong msn.JPG

Winstone

Just a Good 'Ol Boy
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    New Orleans
    It's been a while that I bothered to click on an MSN link. Always disappointing, but this time they are posting false information that could land some one in jail.

The "Permitless Carry" law for Louisiana has yet to take affect.

View attachment 163511
    You’re absolutely correct, this a major media outlet that this specific news article will target LA residents via IP addresses & cookies.

As we all know, ignorance of the law is no excuse. I have two degrees from Tulane & vast experience with integrated marketing.

Many “journalists” break the rules & play fast & loose, the problem is that it people have likely already read this article & are assuming the law is already in effect. God forbid someone conceal Carrie’s without a permit - this may result in multiple charges, including potential felonies.

Unless one can prove the “journalist” wrote the detail with actual malice, which is virtually impossible to prove unless you’re able to get a recorded confession that’s admissible in court.

Just look up NY Times V. Sullivan, they can write whatever they’d like, or they’ll play semantics & word the title as question or “allegedly”.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    What is the law in entirety? Like for example does this mean an 18 yo could legally but privately buy a handgun?
    It does but good luck getting someone to sell you one. Thats an area most won’t tread not because they don’t want too but because of how confusing the laws can be and how a lot of them can be interpreted by whoever has the best legal defense. Personally if I’m selling a gun I require the person to show Louisiana ID and at least 21. Again it’s not that I don’t think 18-20 year olds should be able to own firearms it’s that I’d rather avoid any contact with authorities in any way even if it’s just to simply explain myself and be on my way.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It does but good luck getting someone to sell you one. Thats an area most won’t tread not because they don’t want too but because of how confusing the laws can be and how a lot of them can be interpreted by whoever has the best legal defense. Personally if I’m selling a gun I require the person to show Louisiana ID and at least 21. Again it’s not that I don’t think 18-20 year olds should be able to own firearms it’s that I’d rather avoid any contact with authorities in any way even if it’s just to simply explain myself and be on my way.
    I've wondered about how that 18 year old is going to buy ammo for a handgun. If mama buys ammo for him/her and there is a shooting good or bad. Well mama be included in the criminal or civil trial?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I've wondered about how that 18 year old is going to buy ammo for a handgun. If mama buys ammo for him/her and there is a shooting good or bad. Well mama be included in the criminal or civil trial?
    yes, mama and daddy of a 'mass shooter' were just convicted and imprisoned. They bought the gun and ammo, they got roasted in court, it's now precedent that M&D are responsible parties.

I think parents should be able to have children under 10 euthanized by the State. They know when they have a sociopath, definitely by 10 but usually by 6 for sure, gotta give parents a way out...being forced to raise them into adulthood is a loss for everyone.

Am I joking? Is this part of a life living in comedy and satire?

I dunno...you decide....

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    yes, mama and daddy of a 'mass shooter' were just convicted and imprisoned. They bought the gun and ammo, they got roasted in court, it's now precedent that M&D are responsible parties.

I think parents should be able to have children under 10 euthanized by the State. They know when they have a sociopath, definitely by 10 but usually by 6 for sure, gotta give parents a way out...being forced to raise them into adulthood is a loss for everyone.

I dunno...you decide....

I grew up thinking this was the way.
    Can't tell you how many times my Daddy told me that he brought me into this world, and he could take me out.
    I reckon the only reason I'm still here is because it woulda broke my Momma's heart.
    I was a terrible child. I grew out of it though.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA

I dunno...you decide....
    LOL! Walton and Johnson did a segment on this many years ago, back when they were just a comedy show. Billy Ed's son got in too much trouble and the school organized a petition to have him put down!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    July 4th. Just can't buy the ammo
    Not sure I got the gist of that one. My point was the article states that it’s legal to carry concealed without a permit right now. When it’s not. (Until July 4). Can’t buy ammo? Who can’t buy ammo…I can buy the ammo.
    You mean if you’re 18? It says 18 years and older. I’m older than 18.
    It seemed pretty clear to me anyway.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Not sure I got the gist of that one. My point was the article states that it’s legal to carry concealed without a permit right now. When it’s not. (Until July 4). Can’t buy ammo? Who can’t buy ammo…I can buy the ammo.
    You mean if you’re 18? It says 18 years and older. I’m older than 18.
    It seemed pretty clear to me anyway.
    Media write articles not laws. Can't by handgun ammo at 18

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Media write articles not laws. Can't by handgun ammo at 18
    Ok. Yup. Can’t buy a handgun at 18 either. I guess I’m missing something. Nothing about ammo in the post I made. My point was the article is telling folks it’s now (as in when the article was published) legal to carry concealed without a permit if you’re 18 or older. It’s not until 7-4-2004. So it’s a misleading piece that might cause some confusion and some trouble for someone down the road. I’m assuming you thought my original post was directed at your statement about mama buying ammo. It was actually directed toward the discussion of these stupid MSN articles pumping narratives and completely false info. But we can discuss the other if you like.

Top Bottom