Carter's supermarket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Regardless of whether he was a security guard or off duty LEO, it takes balls to walk up to an armed person and ask to hold their weapon while they pick up some milk and tampons. I would have shook his hand and thanked him for the laugh!!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Regardless of whether he was a security guard or off duty LEO, it takes balls to walk up to an armed person and ask to hold their weapon while they pick up some milk and tampons. I would have shook his hand and thanked him for the laugh!!

I see you do not live in the Free State of Livingston. :cool:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    God's Country:}

I see you do not live in the Free State of Livingston. :cool:

POO Yaah :}

839kgo4cf9ls6zrlwxmm.jpg
    33foaoaiedbugcrj94kb.jpg

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Also if there are no clearly posted signs stating no firearms permitted on the premises then he has no right to ask you to leave or disarm anyone. Just because open carrying makes people nervous doesn't give him the right to ask you or anyone else to leave or disarm. Women driving large trucks and suv's make me nervous but I nor a LEO can ask them to not drive them around me.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Also if there are no clearly posted signs stating no firearms permitted on the premises then he has no right to ask you to leave or disarm anyone. Just because open carrying makes people nervous doesn't give him the right to ask you or anyone else to leave or disarm. Women driving large trucks and suv's make me nervous but I nor a LEO can ask them to not drive them around me.

Can't he ask you to leave if he is representing the manager/store's wishes and you have to comply because it's private property?

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I'd want to talk to the store owners to see if it was their policy or just the security guard taking it upon himself to make up a rule. i've had employees who have told patients things that I didn't give them authority to say.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

Yea. They can. Is their business (or an employee of that business) they can tell you that you cannot enter unless your wearing a pink shirt, booty shorts and flip flops if they wish. They don't HAVE to have a sign displayed. They can ask you to leave and not return unless unarmed.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    If that is their policy and they do not wish for firearms to be brought into their store then they should put signs up stating their stance on the issue so people can abide by it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Lol, that's funny.

MOTOR51

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    So I asked the manager on duty at the Carter's on Vincent if the store had a policy on customers carrying firearms in their stores. He said the owners do not want firearms in the stores because as soon as someone walks in carrying one they have several customers who come up and tell them about it. So they would rather no one carried in the store. He also said signs were being made to be put up.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    So I asked the manager on duty at the Carter's on Vincent if the store had a policy on customers carrying firearms in their stores. He said the owners do not want firearms in the stores because as soon as someone walks in carrying one they have several customers who come up and tell them about it. So they would rather no one carried in the store. He also said signs were being made to be put up.

WOW......Sure hate to hear signs are being put up simply because folks complain about seeing someone open carry :{

Poor decision Mom & Pop if it takes place IMHO

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Can't he ask you to leave if he is representing the manager/store's wishes and you have to comply because it's private property?

Yes. He should have said the stores policy is no firearms on the premises. It sounded as if it was the security guy who didn't want him armed in the store. People are just retarded. Example: Excuse me sir that well dressed man pushing the shopping cart full of groceries has a gun and is making me nervous. So when has it become everyone else's job to make sure everyone is comfortable.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    V

Who can we thank for the signs being put up? I USED to like shopping there. But the store owner has that right to keep my CCing ass out so I'm out

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    A happy in between would be to put up signs that say no open carrying of firearms permitted on premises. That way CCW holders could still remained armed without cause the widespread panic that open carrying apparently causes in their stores.

Top Bottom