CC At Zulu Mardi Gras Krewe Headquarters?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I know this is a bit of an odd one but I was hoping one of the LEO members might know. My daughter (a nurse) and 2 (black) nurse friends have birthdays close together. So they decided to have a group 40th birthday party - at ZULU HQ! I've got no problems inside the building as I'm sure it will be professional medical-types, families, etc. It's the getting TO and FROM my van around 722 No. Broad St. at night this June. I don't wanna be the older, disabled guy who gets targeted for a robbery, mugging or car-jacking in the outskirts of New Orleans.

The ZULU website is all about the organization, history, community outreach, club officers, pictures, etc. Who knew the place was available as a rental hall, like a VFW, KC, American Legion, etc.? No one answered the phone and, truthfully, I'm a little uncomfortable asking them what their policy on weapons is. I'd even have no problem surrendering it at the door until I'm ready to go if they want. The facility presents no problem for me but getting in and out is where I don't wanna be "naked". It's my daughter so not going (best idea IMO ;)) isn't an option but going unarmed isn't, either.

SO ... does anybody by ANY chance know the gun policy at the ZULU facility on Broad St? Or is "concealed means concealed" a viable alternative? Thanks!

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Who ever told you that N. Broad and Orleans was in the "outskirts" of New Orleans? It's called "Mid-City" for a reason.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Park on the neutral ground across the street from the HQ. It seems like the meter maids give Zula a pass IMO....Because I always see cars parked on neutral ground there. I don't think the members of ZulU Social Aid Club are common targets. That said...I wouldn't park on the back streets....But Parking on Broad should be pretty safe even without a firearm.
    Or...Just take a cab. If it was me...I'd probably just use United Cab.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Why does it matter if they are black? What purpose does telling us they are black have anything to do with asking if you can carry?

As a sort of explanation WHY the party is gonna be there. That point had NOTHING to do with the policy of allowing carry or not. It designated the location and if it was allowed there. I take it you don't know the answer. Drive through, please.....

Last edited:

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Who ever told you that N. Broad and Orleans was in the "outskirts" of New Orleans? It's called "Mid-City" for a reason.

It's more outskirts, MID-city or not, than say Desire and Urquhardt or Alvar and I-10, etc. And it's not the French Quarter, that's all.

Last edited:

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Park on the neutral ground across the street from the HQ. It seems like the meter maids give Zula a pass IMO....Because I always see cars parked on neutral ground there. I don't think the members of ZulU Social Aid Club are common targets. That said...I wouldn't park on the back streets....But Parking on Broad should be pretty safe even without a firearm.
    Or...Just take a cab. If it was me...I'd probably just use United Cab.

Wish I could but I need and have my own, special transportation. Cabs won't work. Neutral ground/median wouldn't be accessible, either.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    As a sort of explanation WHY the party is gonna be there. That point had NOTHING to do with the policy of allowing carry or not. It designated the location and if it was allowed there. I take it you don't know the answer. Drive through, please.....

So the party is at the Zulu Pleasure Club, because your daughter's friends are black... Right.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    So the party is at the Zulu Pleasure Club, because your daughter's friends are black... Right.

Right and I know them from her work. I wondered if anyone knew the carry policy. Inside I got no problem. Getting to and from my van is where I don't wanna become a statistic.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Right and I know them from her work. I wondered if anyone knew the carry policy. Inside I got no problem. Getting to and from my van is where I don't wanna become a statistic.

Don't worry. You'll be with your black friends. I'm sure they will give you some street cred for rollin' with their crew deep in the hood. Ya know... cuz they are black.

How bout this humbruh, call the Hall again and ask. Maybe don't mention you're attending the black people party and they might give you an honest answer.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Unfortunately, this was just one of four carjackings that the New Orleans Police crime tracking map reports in the past week. There was another one in Treme, one in New Orleans East, and one in Mid City where a 76-year-old woman was beaten up, and then her car was stolen.

Nothing to see here, move along. Perfectly safe in MID-CITY!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Don't worry. You'll be with your black friends. I'm sure they will give you some street cred for rollin' with their crew deep in the hood. Ya know... cuz they are black.

How bout this humbruh, call the Hall again and ask. Maybe don't mention you're attending the black people party and they might give you an honest answer.

64954599.jpg

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Unfortunately, this was just one of four carjackings that the New Orleans Police crime tracking map reports in the past week. There was another one in Treme, one in New Orleans East, and one in Mid City where a 76-year-old woman was beaten up, and then her car was stolen.

Nothing to see here, move along. Perfectly safe in MID-CITY!!! :rolleyes:

If you have to put this much thought into your safety "don't go!" with or without carry.

I also see no point in why you brought up the race of the people attending the party.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Well I'll admit that if he wouldn't have said, I woild have been curious. Can't believe even bayou shooter is becoming so PC. LOL

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Well I'll admit that if he wouldn't have said, I woild have been curious. Can't believe even bayou shooter is becoming so PC. LOL

I'm the least PC person you'll ever come across but how does race play into the legalities of CC at that hall? I really don't know what I'm missing?

Top Bottom