CCP badges: Would you wear one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    but you already have something that does that: your permit.

THIS!!! The only other reason to have a badge is to draw attention which is completely the opposite reason to get a concealed carry permit in the first place. That's like saying I'm going to go live off the grid and create my own non-anonymous blog, facebook page, and twitter account to write about it!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    THIS!!! The only other reason to have a badge is to draw attention which is completely the opposite reason to get a concealed carry permit in the first place. That's like saying I'm going to go live off the grid and create my own non-anonymous blog, facebook page, and twitter account to write about it!

You mean I'm not supposed to post the gps coordinates to my bug out shelter? But how will anyone know I'm cool enough to have a bug out shelter?

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    drpc, Your profile says you live in Picayune. That's good to know. I was going to ask you the name of the instructor/business that taught the class. I'm interested in getting my permit soon and am looking for a good class to take. Looks like I won't be considering this goofball since he is most likely located in Mississippi and not here in Louisiana.
    My opinion is that if the badge isn't issued to you as part of your employment, you shouldn't be wearing one.
    http://youtu.be/REujmHiQFo4?t=1m28s

The guy isn't a Louisiana instructor. The class he gave was a good class and he was very involved with recent changes in the State laws that resulted in a much better situation for open carry and concealed carry in the state. In his opinion the badge on your belt in front of the holster would put people around you at ease whether you are carrying open or if your concealed weapon would become exposed. He didn't push the badge in the class just mentioned it and moved on. Overall a good class.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    dave-chappelle-ladies-whore.jpg

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Yes, it's full dumbass, but I think he meant right by the firearm, where it is shown only if the firearm is concealed. Way different than having it out in the open..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I don't even know any LEO who carry their badge on their belt when carrying concealed.

I've read of studies showing a significantly higher percentage chance of a badge being seen/recognized when worn upper body rather than on the beltline, offering greater chance of prevention of blue-on-blue shootings of detectives/off-duty officers. I used to clip my badge on my belt next to my holster when carrying off-duty, with the idea that should my jacket rise up too far or a gust of wind blow my cover shirt enough to expose the holster, someone seeing it would also hopefully see the badge and not be overly concerned. I've since moved to pocket carry almost exclusively when off-duty, and keep my badge handy on a neckchain.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There's a picture somewhere of a guy with one of these badges on his hip next to his pistol.

I still can't fathom why someone who has a concealed firearm would want a piece of plastic or metal signaling to everyone that they do indeed have a concealed firearm on their person.

The badge defeats the purpose of the permit.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Can we say HELL no on here? That would be my answer.

There's a guy in Pride that wears a big shield badge on his belt next to his OC in the cheap holster that looks like it's about to fall out.

I wouldn't even have a CHP badge much less a CCP badge Isn't that some Russian thing? ;)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There's a picture somewhere of a guy with one of these badges on his hip next to his pistol.

I still can't fathom why someone who has a concealed firearm would want a piece of plastic or metal signaling to everyone that they do indeed have a concealed firearm on their person.

The badge defeats the purpose of the permit.

That was the one I posted about a year ago probably.

I saw him at Dollar General awhile back and he had his cheap crap on OCing next to his Concealed Weapon Permit shield. Then when he opened his wallet at the cashier he had one in his wallet. He was about weighted down :rofl:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    That was the one I posted about a year ago probably.

I saw him at Dollar General awhile back and he had his cheap crap on OCing next to his Concealed Weapon Permit shield. Then when he opened his wallet at the cashier he had one in his wallet. He was about weighted down :rofl:

now THATS a good quote for ccp badges:

the kind of guy that would buy one probably already has two and shows them every chance he gets.

Top Bottom