CCP Ruger LCP or Baretta NANO ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Neither.

Ruger SR9C, Glock 26, Springfield XDM subcompact, S&W M&P compact or Shield if you must have a single stack gun.

I probably left a few others out.

All Star

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Baton Rouge, La
    I've got several ccp guns already. The glock is a little heavy, and my baretta is only a .25 pocket pistol.
    Was just looking to up the caliber without adding too much size or weight,

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I have had and carried a Glock 26, Kahr PM9, Compact 45 M&P. If you are disciplined enough, certainly go for these weapons. But, I constantly find myself throwing my LCP in the pocket (holstered of course) over other options. It too easy... hides well.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    i have the glock 26, nano, lcp, lc9, and cm9. during this time of year i usually carry the LCP since its so simple and conceals EXTREMELY well. during winters or heavy clothing days i usually like my glock 26. The nano doesnt feel as comfortable in the hand and shooting it is just about the same. Go with the LCP if you have to choose between the two.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I have both the LCP and a G26 I find that I carry the G26 just about every day. The LCP is Neat little gun, but IMHO should not be an EDC. Get the LC9 or G26 and dress around the gun.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have both the LCP and a G26 I find that I carry the G26 just about every day. The LCP is Neat little gun, but IMHO should not be an EDC. Get the LC9 or G26 and dress around the gun.

I agree. I had an LCP and sold it because it was making me lazy and I was carrying it more often than I intended. The LCP is great if you just want to carry "a gun" for a false sense of comfort. The G26 is as small as I'm willing to go, and only when I can't conceal my G19 which isn't often.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I love my PM40, but I will throw my bodyguard 380 in my back pocket sometimes. Just depends. My wife swears by her LCP. I have also carried a Taurus 709 Slim and a PF9 and liked them both, just couldn't get a feel for the triggers. I found that anything bigger than my Kahr PM ends up staying at home.

Last edited:

jrfuller2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    belle chasse
    the lcp's accuracy sucks because of the sights and trigger pull. i like my sig p238 it is much more accurate and functions just like a tiny 1911 i have both and most of the time carry the sig.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Not a fan of the LCP. Loved my BG380 but it has a truly awful trigger. I would recommend a S&W shield for a light CCW. The XDS is apparently a nice gun too, but since I've never shot one I can't really comment on it.

Top Bottom