CCW and a road block

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    I was traveling through Jefferson County Mississippi on 7-12-09 when I came across a road block. The police were set up about 3 miles East of Fayette. As I approached the road block I immediately handed the officer my drivers license as well as my concealed carry permit. The officer looked at my drivers license for a moment and then flipped to my carry permit. Once he figured out what the permit was for he became excited and said "AAHHHHH ****!! Where da gun at?" I told him where the gun was and he promptly gave me my credentials and sent me on my way. I felt like he was alarmed by the fact that I had a gun and was expecting to get pulled over further down the road. I drove over the entire southern half of Mississippi without a second glance from law enforcement. As I look back at the days events I am not sure if he was alarmed or felt no need to check me any further under the assumption that if I had a permit I must be a law abiding citizen. I thought he was about to make a big deal when I saw his reaction to my permit and was preparing myself for a circus act on the side of he road. I am still not convinced that he didn't just panic and wave me through due to not being familiar with concealed carry permits. Thoughts??

ntruder800

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    north of BR
    If I read correctly, you do NOT have to show in Mississippi. I go to my daughters frequently while helping them build a house and this was the first Sunday coming home in 3 months that I was not stopped at some point in MS for DL check. the first couple of times I showed permit also and they checked DL , inspection and tag. looked at permit and said have a good day.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I got stopped at an insurance checkpoint on a county road near Starkville, MS two years ago. Two deputies were manning the checkpoint.

I gave the officer my DL and my CHP permit. He responded, with a grin. "Oh, you're one of those guys."

My response, with a smile, "Yep, one of those."

He then noticed my GPS display, and expressed surprise that the little county back-road showed up. I told him this was a new system, and told him that if he looked really close, he would be able to see himself on the display. He immediately turned to his partner and called him over to tell him that they were both on the GPS display.

When the two cops told me to point them out on the display, I had to tell them I was just kidding. They both laughed, told me that I was an *******, and sent me on my way.

True story -- I have a witness (one of my sons was with me).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom