CCW Class in Lafayette recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I'm looking for recommendations for a CCW class/instructor in the Lafayette area. The LSP site has a list of about 10-15 names, but I'd prefer to choose based on recommendation rather than at random, especially if the instructor would be a member here. I am aware that dawg23 gives classes in Baton Rouge, which I don't really have a problem with. But if there is someone equally as good in my area, it would be preferable. The only person that I know with a CCW is my dad, who got his in New Iberia, which is almost the same distance as BR. I also did a search, and it looks like gunz4me took his at Barney's.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I used Joe Weiss and took my class at Barney's with him.

ETA: A friend of mine took the Barney's class, and he said he learned a lot compared to the class he took in Mississippi when he lived there. I didn't take the Barney's class because I have known Joe for several years and seen him at Barney's on multiple occasions.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Don't tell Dawg I said so - his head is practically hydrocephalic as it is - but I'd suggest making the drive. He doesn't do that for a living, he does it because he is passionate about the subject, and he is well versed and up to speed on just about every apect of this stuff.

But, if you tell him I said so, I'll break your knees.

Would you break your own knees if he read your post? :mamoru:

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    i took my ccw class at the east baton rouge sheriff pistol range. $65 not bad at all compared to a couple of places i called in br and were around $120....plus they notarize the papers you need for no extra charge..

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    i took my ccw class at the east baton rouge sheriff pistol range. $65 not bad at all compared to a couple of places i called in br and were around $120....plus they notarize the papers you need for no extra charge..

That is the plus side to the Barney's class too. They will take your fingerprints and notarize your paperwork for you too. My buddy pre-printed all his information off the web and brought it to the class with him, so it was painless for him.

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I instruct in lafayette,i am a few blocks from barneys.I instruct daily.....holler if I can help....Joe is also a great instructor.....

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I'm looking for recommendations for a CCW class/instructor in the Lafayette area. The LSP site has a list of about 10-15 names, but I'd prefer to choose based on recommendation rather than at random, especially if the instructor would be a member here. I am aware that dawg23 gives classes in Baton Rouge, which I don't really have a problem with. But if there is someone equally as good in my area, it would be preferable. The only person that I know with a CCW is my dad, who got his in New Iberia, which is almost the same distance as BR. I also did a search, and it looks like gunz4me took his at Barney's.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was going to recommend you contact Pablo Estrada. He's a member here on Bayou Shooter. I don't know if he started classes yet, but I know he knows his stuff. You can PM him at: guate_shooter. He just posted up above this one.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you looking to take a class here in Louisiana if you live in Houston?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom