CCW holster options for Glock 19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    All,

I'm looking to purchase a holster for my G19. Ideally I will probably purchase one for OWB and IWB, unless there is a great convertable option out there. I was just wondering what holsters people use and recommend, so I can start researching options. thanks.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Last edited:

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    Not sure about glocks but so far rmhoslter has been my go to for two different 1911s and a sig p229. His iwb has been the best I have come across so far.

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    I wear a Raven Concelament Phantom and it does great for me. I have learned over the years, a holster or a rifle sling is a very personal piece of equipment. What works for some may not work for others. If you have a chance to borrow some holsters to see what works for you, that would be a good start.
    There is also a guy on Glocktalk who goes by Swinkster and he makes a great Raven type holster.
    Good luck with your new pistol.

Last edited:

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    IWB only but Remora holsters are very good and very versatile. http://www.remoraholsters.com/ I have one ea. for my 26 and my 19. You can wear them in elastic waistband pants, shorts, etc. and need no belt. (It helps or at least a drawstring but not absolutely). THEN ...... you can take that sucker out and stick it between the console and seat or whatever and VOILA! car gun!!! Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izM0fiz6kk

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I wear a Raven Concelament Phantom and it does great for me. I have learned over the years, a holster or a rifle sling is a very personal piece of equipment. What works for some may not work for others. If you have a chance to borrow some holsters to see what works for you, that would be a good start.
    There is also a guy on Glocktalk who goes by Swinkster and he makes a great Raven type holster.
    Good luck with your new pistol.

Could you posts some pictures of your holster?

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Comp Tac Minotaur has adjustable belt loops to change the angle of the cant. I was look at RW for my 1911 but he has a 4-6 week wait. Here's a pic of one from their site.
    075f011a.jpg

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Comp Tac Minotaur Spartan IWB. It has adjustable belt loops to adjust the cant angle. I was looking at RW for a 1911 holster but he has a 4-6 week wait. Here is a pic from their site. I also carry a Glock 19.

075f011a.jpg

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA

millertime

Rippin' and Tearin'
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Youngsville
    I have a Comptac CTAC for my G30 and it was not comfortable. This holster looks similar, but has the leather backing. Is it comfortable for you?

My Crossbreed is pretty comfortable. The CTAC doesn't look like it has enough backing to keep the holster from digging into your hip. IMHO.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I have a Comptac CTAC for my G30 and it was not comfortable. This holster looks similar, but has the leather backing. Is it comfortable for you?

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I wear it all day every day. The real test however was a 20 hour drive from here to Virginia. 20 hours straight with no overnight stops and I hardly felt it.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    www.tuckergunleather.com

I just ordered The Answer and it is by far the nicest holster I've owned. It tops the MTAC and Crossbreed I used to carry with. Turn around time is quoted at three weeks, I got mine in just over two.

Same here. I carried a mtac and the tucker before choosing (thanks to good friends lol). The only thing I don't like is the clips. Since I has a 1 3/4" belt, I have to order clips and will use mtac clips on my ticker answer for the perfect holster.

mnaylo3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the Black Ops Pro I just received from Pure Kustom Holsters. It was expensive, but it is IWB/OWB convertible and fully adjustable for cant and ride height IWB (single position OWB). It is a very well designed product and he keeps a pretty good stock of holsters for popular models ready to ship. Give it a look

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom