CCW Permit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJCHAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Thanks, Westbank. You will probably see yours soon. 3 of us from work went apply together and a 4th person sent his off about a week after us and received his the same day as us.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm finally a CCW member. Applied 2/18 and received it 3/24. Now to get used to carrying.

Congratulations. You sound excited. Maybe a wee bit too excited?!? But seriously, if your instructor didn't tell you and make you understand it is a lifestyle changing awakening, then you have been shortchanged.

I will never forget my instructors words, "If you are not going to carry your weapon 100% of the time, then why are you really here?"

Get used to it. Find a way to make grabbing that primary as subconciously effortless as you grab your wallet.

Good luck, and again, welcome.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Congrats man.

Where did you get your training from?

Make sure you know and understand the LA CHP Rulebook inside and out for the parts that actually apply to permittees.

I agree with others that full committal requires a lifestyle change in behavior, attitude, clothing, etc. It will come in time. Just remember no matter what situation you find yourself in that you have a gun on your hip. That is not always a good thing and depending on the decisions you make could infact make the situation worse.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom