Ceiling fans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    Any advice as to what the best lubricant is to oil a ceiling fan would be appreciated. It sounds as if the "bearings" are starting to grind a bit. It's not squeaking or wobbling. Thanks

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    I had a fan do that about 10 years ago. Same type bearing as today. I put a few drops on the bearing and it's still rocking. I just used 3 in 1.

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I guess it depends on the fans..I had one not spinning as fast as its counterpart on my patio. I took it down and tried my damnest to get to the bearings but it was totally sealed...Man, what a PITA it was. I ended up putting it back up and living with a slower turner....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Any advice as to what the best lubricant is to oil a ceiling fan would be appreciated. It sounds as if the "bearings" are starting to grind a bit. It's not squeaking or wobbling. Thanks

If these are outside on your porch, dismantle and check for dirt daubers! My Hunter's (FTW), on the porch started making noise and the dirt nests was the culprit! And while I appreciate their ingenuity and the desire for concealment, they do screw things up. :mad:

Last edited:

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    I guess it depends on the fans..I had one not spinning as fast as its counterpart on my patio. I took it down and tried my damnest to get to the bearings but it was totally sealed...Man, what a PITA it was. I ended up putting it back up and living with a slower turner....

Mine are sealed and I just put oil wherever I could and it worked its way to the rollers, I guess.

Top Bottom