Century Uzi, comments?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    So does anybody know anything about the Century Uzi builds? Closed bolt operation seems like a plus. Looking for something compact for the truck/4 wheeler since I am the Posted and Patroled part of the No Tesspassing signs on the land I hunt. Want something that I can throw on the front rack of my 4 wheeler. I have an AK, and got it for this, but want somthing a little smaller that won't have to ride in the gun rack.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Does the Vector fire from a closed bolt also?

Yes. All legal semi autos today will fire with a closed bolt.

I got to shoot a vector arms with silencer at the B-Bash and it was AWESOME. Thank again to whoever that was, I can't remember your member name.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    century20monkey1.jpg

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Just dont buy it sight unseen and you would be fine. If it works, it will work (its a freaking UZI). If it wont, Century wont fix it and its probably all kinds of messed up. Its hit or miss (like the other guys said) and usually on one extreme or the other, seems to be little middle ground with their builds.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Get the Vector.

I went through your search about a year ago and managed to put my hands on about 20 of the Century's when they first came out. I then bought a Vector.

Century finish was hit or miss. Topcovers were loose. Several had what was obviously out of square receivers also.

The Vector was top notch as far as fit, finish, etc. Mine is the older Group Industries receiver model(s) which may be useful if you ever want to SBR it (due to regs, you have to mark SBS's differently than 16" barrel versions and the Group models are pre marked as .45/9mm/and .22). I could not be more pleased with this one and they are still readily available on GunBroker, AuctionArms, etc. Also from Atlantic Firearms IIRC.

Additionally, there are a TON of mags, accessories, etc on the market for these carbines. Used by over 60 countries for over 40 years (and stil in action in more than quite a few of them) you have no problem finding parts or other items you may desire. Also, there is no arm I'm aware of that is easier/cheaper to SBR when you have the paperwork approved. Just a barrel switch at under $100 for a new semi short barrel and you're done (with the markings too).

Hope this helps but...I'd pass on the Century, and did. It was worth the additional $50-70 to have NO issues, problems and Vector has a warranty that they will honor if need arises (5 year IIRC).

Happy Blasting and good luck. The Uzi's are very underrated by a lot of folks, a hoot to shoot (and indoors too :) ), and even in semi mode (which is how the weapon is deployed in military service, as a short 2-3 round burst weapon) provide some VERY interesting self defense options, particularly in SBR guise.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Thanks for the advise guys. When I got my WASR, I only did so after I was able to look several over and pick the best one. So far I has been flawless. I have yet to see a century UZI in person, so I don't think my chances of looking several over to pick the best of the litter are very good. The Vector from somplace like Atlantic may be my best bet.

Top Bottom