Cerakote and/or Custom Firearm Thread???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Do we have a Custom Thread for firearms and pictures? Something that shows off our Cerakote jobs, Custom Build Rifles(not necessarily AR, but could include them), Custom Pistols etc.??? IF NOT, WE SHOULD!!! WE have tons of talent on here. I want to see this thread.....

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Almost every firearm I own has been upgraded or is in the process of being upgraded. Night sights, lasers, grips, triggers, guide rods, recoil springs... The frame on my Sig P938 is currently being cerakoted "sparkle aluminum" and XS Big Dot tritium sights installed. I'll post some photos when it's done.

For now, here's a photo of my LCP mods...
    photo%202_zpsa1onwzbv.jpg

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Maybe we can start a cerakote or duracoat group workshop/get together and post our finished products? I would be interested in learning and trying it out.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Maybe we can start a cerakote or duracoat group workshop/get together and post our finished products? I would be interested in learning and trying it out.

Applying the epoxy finishes requires professional spray equipment, a dust-free booth and an oven that can maintain 300 degrees F for a long duration. Better left to the shops that have the proper gear and knowledge of the products and process. My Sig is at Patriot Guns on W Gause in Slidell.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I duracoated my Lcp, wasr10/63, and 2 pf9's with good results. Finish is still holding up. Used a small compressor, and airbrush gun, thinned it out a little and did a bunch of light coats

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    How many threads do you need? There is already a Show and Tell Handgun Pictures Thread on page 1.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    How many threads do you need? There is already a Show and Tell Handgun Pictures Thread on page 1.

There is also a Class III page which will show some redundant pictures. There is a Rifles and AR-15 page which will have some overlap of same pictures. I was specifically desiring a custom built/work done thread. It's another facet of what this whole forum is. If you don't want it you can kill the thread... You are a mod. But, if we killed any redundant threads we wouldn't have much to talk about. "There is nothing new under the sun."

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There is also a Class III page which will show some redundant pictures. There is a Rifles and AR-15 page which will have some overlap of same pictures. I was specifically desiring a custom built/work done thread. It's another facet of what this whole forum is. If you don't want it you can kill the thread... You are a mod. But, if we killed any redundant threads we wouldn't have much to talk about. "There is nothing new under the sun."

I am not a Moderator, just thought it was already covered. Carry On Sir.

Top Bottom