Charleston shooting.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    The guy needs to be put in the chair, I mean he is bat **** crazy and gun control promotion with the house being the way it is will do nothing. Just cause panic for a little while, price gouge ammo/guns and then nothing. It is more of a race thing that he is blowing out of proportion on the news because it will cause rioting. Yes this kid is sick and needs to be put down.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    After processing the illness felt from so many people losing their lives my thoughts digress into here we go again with "high capacity mags". Just read a article stating the shooter reloaded five times.

Of course our fearfull leader today, less than 24hrs after the tragedy spoke about the need for gun control. Shame on him.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    And on the other side, I have already seen a Facebook post about if the preacher, who is also a state senator or representative, would not have voted against conceal carry this might not have happened.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I was cussing the TV this evening as soon as Obama came on. I haf a good feeling of what was coming, and i wasn't wrong. forgot to hit the websites up, but I skipped Cabela's on the way home today, figuring they'd already been cleaned out.

I have no sympathy for that piece of ****, I feel that he just needs to be chopped up slowly with a machete. But this will be used heavily as another attack on gun rights (where are their bleeding hearts for the ambushed police officers?) and to even assert that he is representative of gun owners is beyond ridiculous.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Hell man people aren't even cold yet and they are rallying to stand on their Graves and shovel **** down our throats.

I feel said for the families and will be sending prayers.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Crazies gonna be crazy. Even after he is convicted (thousands of dollars and multiple years), he wont be sentenced accordingly. We mellowed our system of punishment.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    That area of South Carolina is like New Orleans. 10 black gunshot victims a week. No one cries about that. It doesn't make the world news. This week they were taken out by one crazy white kid. Now it makes the news.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Are you guys really surprised? That's what they do, they told you so.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I would like to know what gun he was using as he reloaded 5 times. And being how he was in trouble with the law, will his parents face any repercussions as they knew his condition but bought him the gun anyway. From his record it just shows hes an irresponsible jackass I wont pass a water pistol to. Prayers to the victims and families. I have a feeling there will be some hate crimes coming from the opposite end of the spectrum that wont receive as much attention as this. and will be a direct cause from the coverage this is going to receive.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I would like to know what gun he was using as he reloaded 5 times. And being how he was in trouble with the law, will his parents face any repercussions as they knew his condition but bought him the gun anyway. From his record it just shows hes an irresponsible jackass I wont pass a water pistol to. Prayers to the victims and families. I have a feeling there will be some hate crimes coming from the opposite end of the spectrum that wont receive as much attention as this. and will be a direct cause from the coverage this is going to receive.

Haven't seen anything about make and model, other than it was a .45ACP. And I agree, I'd bet there were all sorts of warning signs. Who the hell in their right mind would buy this kid a gun for his birthday...

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    The rumor going around is that his father gave him a 1911 handgun for his 21st birthday. Don't quote me on a credible source as that is what I read somewhere.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    being that they are not calling it a high capacity handgun, but a .45 handgun, I bet it was a 1911 style. Otherwise, it would be a high capacity .45 handgun. now, there will be no reason to own a .45 as it was designed to kill people.

Hermit, I'd say the media is trying harder and proving more successful at starting a race war.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That area of South Carolina is like New Orleans. 10 black gunshot victims a week. No one cries about that. It doesn't make the world news. This week they were taken out by one crazy white kid. Now it makes the news.

Until corrupted ideological agenda driven news organizations are bankrupted, you can expect this as par for the current course. Had I not seen one image of the suspect, I would know just by the tickers and the phony journalists, he was white (heard and read that about 2 dozen times yesterday), I know that his victims were black (heard that emphasized 3 dozen times), I know that this happened at a historical black church (3 dozen times), and that this was immediately being handled as a hate crime.

Other interesting tidbits I gleaned: He has to be mentally ill. He was called a kid (at 21), a dozen times.

Terrible incident made worse by biased agenda driven media coverage.

As for you Chicken Little's and the imminent gun control? Ain't happening! Support for the 2nd Amendment and no further restrictions on law abiding gun ownership is actually up in the country in the last 12 months. Latest polls have strong support over 63%. And that, I would safely bet, is using skewed data or slanted questions.

Top Bottom