Cheaper alternative to ammo cans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • can man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    jackson, la
    I have about 40 30cals for $10 a piece, my 50 Cals are $15, have about 11 different sizes. Tomorrow will be my last day out until December.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    All plastic ammo cans i had failed 100 percent in katrina (over 10)

all metal ammo cans 100 percent survived with contents dry , 8 to 13 feet of water ...

Only use usgi ammo cans period...

+2.......Why would you risk ur ammo in 5 gallon plastic pails? I have several 30 cal and 50 cal. The 20mm can is HUGE. $20 on line + shipping.
    My 30 and 50 cans were under water in Isaac....not a single drop leak.

20 mm cans: https://www.smithandedwards.com/products/20mm-ammo-box-large----used----661.html

Last edited:

can man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    jackson, la
    I use to come to the old Albertsons corner on Range and Florida but they reopened. If someone can give me a good place to set up, I would do it once a month. I really did well out there. Sold out twice. Call or ext 225-721-1813. I am on Hwy 61 today until 3

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I use to come to the old Albertsons corner on Range and Florida but they reopened. If someone can give me a good place to set up, I would do it once a month. I really did well out there. Sold out twice. Call or ext 225-721-1813. I am on Hwy 61 today until 3

Headed up there in just a few minutes.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Problem with plastic bins are when it's full, it cannot support the weight or if I can, can also break on a drop.
    Had a plastic bucket for my scrap brass from reloading. Went to move it to take to the recycling place. Bottom fell out and 4 gallons of primers, 22LR cases and scrap brass went all over the garage. Homey was not happy. Still finding remnants a year later.

All plastic ammo cans I had failed 100 percent in katrina (over 10)

All metal ammo cans 100 percent survived with contents dry , 8 to 13 feet of water ...

Only use usgi ammo cans period...
    Similar experience. Gustav had a tree crush the house. Reloading area in the garage where the ammo was stored took a direct hit. Ammo in USGI cans survived with not a single drop of water. Some of those cans looked like a truck drug them down the road on a chain and still did the job.

Only use USGI ammo cans period...

What I have done for my SHTF, zombie, EMP, Hillary gets elected ammo is to vacuum seal it. If nothing else to keep whatever environmental effects from affecting it long term. Dropped that in 50cal ammo cans and it will be good long after the estate sale.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom