Cheaper than dirt 223 ammo increase

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1funvet

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Westlake LA
    CTD has raised the price of 1k of Lake City M855 to 549.79. Pretty sure last week it was around 350.00 cause i
    was getting ready to order a case.Guess they are out to make a quick profit on the fears of the sheepel.:mad:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Those price gouging bastards, they did that shot last election! I wont buy nothing from those idiots.

Bam Bam

Yes, they did and neither will I. I said during the last post-election price gouging that I would never spend another dime with CTD and I haven't.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    I ordered a flashlight and some earplugs when they had 1 cent shipping about a year ago. Did it so they would keep sending me their catalogue. This did 2 things for me: made me feel better that it probably cost more for them to pay shipping and distribution on the items and catalogue AND I needed bathroom material. Other than that, I refuse to buy anything else from them. They should be ashamed.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Wow. That completely blows my mind. I am in inventory and retail and that is idiotic. They raise their prices so high that it keeps people from buying something so that their inventory lasts. Then why keep inventory at all. Just stock one of each item and make your prices so high that no one ever buys it and you have an indefinite inventory. I would love to know where they got that model from.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    High prices and super inflated shipping charges= I'll take my business elsewhere.
    I recently was wanting a spare mag for a pistol I acquired. Mag was $18 or $19. Shipping charge on 1 mag? Over $16!!!!! Neighbors huh?
    Their explanation of price gouging is insane. If they were the only place to have it in the country, maybe. When several other sellers have the same thing though, and a LOT cheaper, guess who will get my $$?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Lots of vendors are using scare tactics to sell stuff right now, many with higher prices. I forgot who sent the email, but I got one that said it was your last opportunity to purchase high capacity magazines with a higher than usual price. Luckily, I don't need much right now. In a few months deals will be had, I don't see how they can anything through the house in the next two years, and if they try I see the senate and house swinging just like after the last "AWB".

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    SGammo is still selling a case of loose 855 for $399. Apparently they are still receiving inventory too. The other day they had sold out and now they have more without raising the price.

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    The vast majority of Lake City ammo I own cost me about 16 cents a round iirc. I sure would hate to be buying right now unless just for plinking. Gouging bastards.
    Between the big homeland buy up and the election, we've suffered a double tap.
    I wouldn't look for anything to get better within the next four years either.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    If ammo is that high, the question I have is, how much has dirt gone up?

That could be the real problem.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I could care less about what Cheaper than Dirt is charging..I just shop for the best deal at the time if I need something. It is called "Free Enterprise" and Not Price Fixing for a reason!!!! If their are so corrupt and stupid in their business dealing, Why are they still around??? My guess is that they are not in this business for a hobby, but for a profit! Commerce 101..........Let The Buyer Beware!! :rolleyes:

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I could care less about what Cheaper than Dirt is charging..I just shop for the best deal at the time if I need something. It is called "Free Enterprise" and Not Price Fixing for a reason!!!! If their are so corrupt and stupid in their business dealing, Why are they still around??? My guess is that they are not in this business for a hobby, but for a profit! Commerce 101..........Let The Buyer Beware!! :rolleyes:

I agree, I bargain shop for everything, everytime. Prices fluctuate all over the web, with luck you can always find a deal.

Top Bottom