Cheaper Than Dirt "Never Again"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunoilman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Raceland, LA
    Cheaper Than Dirt is price gouging hardworking gun owners, like you and me that have made that business what it is today. They were selling 30rd. Pmags for $59.00, lowered it to $40 & now that they are out of stock they are marked @ $29.99. Last week these same mags were $12.50 all day long. They also shut down their gun buying website and it looks like they jacked up the prices there too.
    What a bunch of low life scumbags. What do you think? :mad:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Cheaper Than Dirt is price gouging hardworking gun owners, like you and me that have made that business what it is today. They were selling 30rd. Pmags for $59.00, lowered it to $40 & now that they are out of stock they are marked @ $29.99. Last week these same mags were $12.50 all day long. They also shut down their gun buying website and it looks like they jacked up the prices there too.
    What a bunch of low life scumbags. What do you think? :mad:

I stopped buying from them when they did this the first time Obama was elected. Their excuse then was BS and I am sure their new excuse will be more BS. They are no friend to the gunowner. They will never see another nickel of mine....EVER....FOR ANY REASON. They make a habit of price gouging when they think the gun community is in a frenzy.

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't blame them. It's a free market and simple economics, supply and demand sets the price. I would even venture to call someone sitting on 100 AKs a fool if every gun store raised their price $100 and you left yours the same. Something is worth what the next person is willing to pay for it. Just because the value shot up swiftly doesn't make any dealer a bad person for raising their prices. It's business. Have you boycotted Exonn, Shell, BP, Racetrack, etc. for increasing/decreasing their prices on an daily basis? No, because you need gas so you pay the market price. This LINK should help clear things up.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    If you don't want it at the price offered, don't buy it. Simple solution.

I totally agree with you on this. However, my complaint about this is it helps drive the buying frenzy out of fear. People see the price of something quadruple overnight and it scares them into believing the sky is falling.

governorsaffair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2012
    Winnfield, LA
    In my opinion (for what that's worth), Cheaper than Dirt will have two options... price their item in line with the other 50,000 websites the consumer can purchase from, or go out of business. The days of buying from one seller at the price they decide are long gone. The internet makes it entirely too easy to just click one more time and go to the next seller that is pricing it correctly. This may still work on a few really hard to find items, but if you're the one that owns the few hard to find items, then they're worth more anyway. Just my $.02.

Rickeyfro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Slidell
    Just wonderin if you guys would have felt the same as far as it being a free market, if you found yourself and your kids days after Katrina when the food was runnin out and you find the corner grocery who youd been giving your business to for years decide its cool to charge 8$ for a bag of ice and 9 for a pack of chopped ham. Me i dont see much difference when someone takes advantage of a situation to rip off the people whove been keeping their business runnin.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Just wonderin if you guys would have felt the same as far as it being a free market, if you found yourself and your kids days after Katrina when the food was runnin out and you find the corner grocery who youd been giving your business to for years decide its cool to charge 8$ for a bag of ice and 9 for a pack of chopped ham. Me i dont see much difference when someone takes advantage of a situation to rip off the people whove been keeping their business runnin.

The difference is, food and water are necessary for life. PMags? Not so much.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, if you just look around I bought Pmags and AK47 mags for Pre panic prices this weekend. I mean $10 shipped for 30 round Pmags and he AK new military surplus mags came out to $16, the same price they were before the panic. Used surplus where running $10-$14, can't find any of those, I prefer new anyway. I just wish I could go back in time and un trade away my AK mags, but I got good deals at the time and only had one AK, now with 5... need more mags!

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I had saved about a dozen CTD pages to a favorites folder for future purchases and when I started clicking on them every link had been changed to their home page. Some had been added 1 week pre Sandy Hook so CTD must have pulled EVERTY item in stock down and repriced everything. Don't think I'll go back in the fututre.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I don't blame them. It's a free market and simple economics, supply and demand sets the price. I would even venture to call someone sitting on 100 AKs a fool if every gun store raised their price $100 and you left yours the same. Something is worth what the next person is willing to pay for it. Just because the value shot up swiftly doesn't make any dealer a bad person for raising their prices. It's business. Have you boycotted Exonn, Shell, BP, Racetrack, etc. for increasing/decreasing their prices on an daily basis? No, because you need gas so you pay the market price. This LINK should help clear things up.

If there's a business out there that doesn't cash in on tragic events I'd rather do business with them than one that does. My right as a free market comsumer.

Monaco

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    New Orleans
    IF cheaperthandirt resumes online sales, when the smoke clears, no one will remember this b.s. and they'll keep selling pmags for $35!

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If there's a business out there that doesn't cash in on tragic events I'd rather do business with them than one that does. My right as a free market comsumer.

They are not cashing in on a tragic event. as pointed out earlier NO ONE NEEDS PMAGS. PMAGS are a luxury. A material good that is not necessary for life. PMAGS are a nice thing to have. AR15s are a nice toy to own. If a lot of people want something the price will go up. Increased demand will sustain higher prices. THE INCREASED DEMAND is causing prices to skyrocket. For instance, if right after the school shooting EVERY American said, "To hell with AR15s. I'll never buy one now." and AR15 sales crashed the price of PMAGS and AR15s would have gone down. If you want to hate someone right now hate the people sustaining the high prices. As always, if you can't afford it don't be jealous of those who can.

I still stand by capitalism and a free market. It was poor planning on your part not to evacuate or at the very least prepare. Therefore, you were stuck with the other unprepared people causing a high demand and driving prices up. As the store owner in that situation there is a fragile situation where charging too much would lead to being over run by the customers. If he wasn't ransacked then the general consensus was agreement with the price hikes.

Last edited:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I just got my January CTD catalog still showing cases of 5.56 for $385, with a red banner at the top of each page saying prices subject to change. My parrots are crapping on it as we speak.

504Renegade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    New Orleans (Mid-City)
    xSxTo.png

This is beyond the pale!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom