Cheers for LaRue?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jalger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Luling
    I suppose better safe than sorry. But as stated, they will be hurt in their sales. Doesn't affect how I think about the company, I am still looking to get their PredatOBR 5.56!!

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    More companies need to follow their lead.

Agreed. If I read this correctly I took it to mean that if civilians are limited in select-fire/magazine capacity, then so will the government. Unless I'm mistaken, then this is a tremendous thing to get behind. If the government REALLY believes that no-one should have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds, then let that apply to non-civilian forces alike.
    As I view it this is just flipping the arguement in the other direction, let them specify why they would need more than the civilian populace does.

Zephyr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Polk
    Think it will work out for them. Last I heard, they're backordered out the whazoo anyway so they have nothing to lose by being a bit more selective in their clientele.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    More companies need to follow their lead.

I know Barrett stopped LEO .50 cal sales in California after 50 cals were banned for civilian ownership. They had Ronnie Barrett, CEO and Owner, on Cam and Co this past week talking about his stance. He basically said he wouldn't sell out his company to the anti-gun groups.

I think LaRue is stemming off of the Minneapolis Mayor's statements in regards to not buying firearms from companies that didn't support new gun legislation.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/01/30/politics/rybak-firearms-manufacturers

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I know Barrett stopped LEO .50 cal sales in California after 50 cals were banned for civilian ownership. They had Ronnie Barrett, CEO and Owner, on Cam and Co this past week talking about his stance. He basically said he wouldn't sell out his company to the anti-gun groups.

I think LaRue is stemming off of the Minneapolis Mayor's statements in regards to not buying firearms from companies that didn't support new gun legislation.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/01/30/politics/rybak-firearms-manufacturers

Read that article a few days ago too. All gun producers need to ban together and support decisions like these two leaders of the gun production community have made.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Not before, and not now.

He's full of **** or ignorant. There's a lot of legislation protecting manufacturers from such liability lawsuits, and unless he plans on setting up shop in any ban-states, he's not even speaking on a relevant basis.

Here's the truth, as best I can figure - he wants all the praise Barrett got for California, but he doesn't have the sack to just come out and say he doesn't want to ship to ban-states at all.

I don't even know what the **** he's doing anymore. First he stops the MIL/LEO discount, trying to blame Obama's healthcare, and now this? He's pretty much the king of stupid PR.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Makes me dislike Mark even more, if it were possible. What a dick. First he stops giving LE/MIL discounts, now he is going to penalize officers for laws that they neither crafted, or passed, and that many probably do not support. Way to go, dick. Yeah, he's still whoring police and LE to pump sales for his company, all while giving them the big F U.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    What he said. He's a tool. He bases his entire PR Policy off the long running an ongoing Handjob he's getting on ARFCOM.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Have to disagree with y'all on this one. All to often we see LE officials standing behind the politicians as they make the claim the even the police agree this is a good idea. Yet we rarely see LE officials stand up and say sorry that's a stupid idea. Probably because the politicians often hold the purse strings. Time for the LE officials that think the bans, like the one being kicked around in California or the one that passed in NY are the wrong direction to stand up and be counted. As far as Barrett and LaRue go don't like the way the do business don't buy a gun from them.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Totally support Larue... If the rank and file don't support the leadership then change the leadership... We pay the taxes that support military and law enforcement.. Why should they have what we can't?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    You realize that te rank and file have no say in their leadership right? Like I get no, none, nada say in who my Police Chief is. Here's another tidbit to demonstrate what a self agrandizing hypocrite Larue is; A large and prestigious DOJ Agency is enamored with the OBR right now. They have approved them for Purchase. They are being purchased in large numbers. Can we agree that Eric Holder is not a friend of the 2A? So why hasn't Larue cut them off? Oh wait I know; he is making A LOT of money.

Top Bottom