Chicken Fried Steak

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Texas is hard to beat, at the CFS game. Best one I ever had was at a small place in Junction called the "Come and Git It" restaurant....Yeah, it was the size of the plate- served with white gravy and 2 giant biscuits. Not even sure if that place is still around (been a few years, now)- but it was damn good. :thumbsup:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    its hard to find... I usually I have to make it myself.... Cracker Barrel isn't bad

Big Easy diner in slidell also has them... never had it myself but the place is pretty good.

I have had it at Big Easy dinner several times. They serve it with the cream gravy and two sides. The best I have had outside of Texas!

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    +1 for the Big Easy. I do mine Nola style. Roast Beef gravy instead of white gravy. I call it the MLK special.
    I'll have to try Southside Cafe soon.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Back in the stone age (1960's) I'd go with an adult friend of the family's to the gun shows in Slidell and Covington, put on by the Bayou Gun Club. Ocassionally we'd join up with a few of his friends for supper afterwards. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a small cabin styled resturant called Bosco's. It was my first taste of chicken fried steaks. I've been in love with 'em ever since. Anyone know if this place is still in business?

There's an Italian joint named Bosco's in Mandeville but I doubt it's the same place you're talking about.

Sent from Bayou Bunker Command Center, FEMA Region 6, Portable Unit #33.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Nolaradio, thanks. It's been so long ago I may not remember the correct style of the building but I'm fairly certain of the name. Glad to hear it's still in business.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    It's been in two different locations since I've moved here in 2005. I've eaten there one with the family. I remember enjoying it but it was so long ago I couldn't tell you what I ate.

They're on Hwy. 59 between I-12 & Hwy. 190.

Sent from Bayou Bunker Command Center, FEMA Region 6, Portable Unit #33.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom