Chicot State Park Lake

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone been to Chicot lately? Family going camping in two weeks and I might bring my boat and do some riding. I haven't been on the water there in way too many years so I have no idea of what or even if there are clear boat lanes. Obviously, I know that ever since they drained it 20 yrs ago, there is no skiing any more.

Are there any lanes or open water enough just to get the boat up on plane? My boat needs a good run and figured this would be a good time to do it.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Yes you can run a boat there I can't saw if the boat roads are marked by PVC pipe or not.
    It's a damn shame because I was there a couple months ago.
    If you don't like what you see Dubisson lake is about 15-20 minutes away on I49 at exit 35. Clean lake no stumps and the night fishing there should be heating up soon.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yes you can run a boat there I can't saw if the boat roads are marked by PVC pipe or not.
    It's a damn shame because I was there a couple months ago.
    If you don't like what you see Dubisson lake is about 15-20 minutes away on I49 at exit 35. Clean lake no stumps and the night fishing there should be heating up soon.

As well as Indian Creek :dunno:

Haven't been there in ages though.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It is probably the nicest campgrounds in the state. The beaches need some updating and the fishing can be good like right now catching all the big bream you want under the back road bridge, just watch for the three foot washout.

Top Bottom