CHL still hasn't come in. What's taking so long?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I sent it just over a month ago. Most people in here told me a while back it takes 4 weeks or less. My texas chl is invalid as of this past Monday. I've had to go around naked. What could be taking so long?

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Call the office in BR and they can tell you if there is a problem or if it's been printed/mailed.
    Don't expect the most chattiest person to answer though. Anytime I have called they give off the "I'm too busy to hold a phone in my hand so I'm yelling across a stack of papers at my speakerphone" vibe.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Call the office in BR and they can tell you if there is a problem or if it's been printed/mailed.
    Don't expect the most chattiest person to answer though. Anytime I have called they give off the "I'm too busy to hold a phone in my hand so I'm yelling across a stack of papers at my speakerphone" vibe.

Why call and slow down the process when it is less than 60 days? The people you are talking to could be processing CHP paperwork.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Why call and slow down the process when it is less than 60 days? The people you are talking to could be processing CHP paperwork.

It literally takes about 30 seconds. They look your name up, you say yep, they say the stage of processing its in, and you say thanks.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    I have called twice, and both times I was helped with no issues. They were not able to tell me that something was wrong though. I called one day and was told it had not come back from processing. That same day I received a packet with another fingerprint card in it...

Original Mail date: May 21
    MY dad applied same day and received his CHP: June 22
    Received and re-mailed fingerprint card: July 27
    Who knows when I will actually receive my CHP

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    That sucks. I called the office yesterday and was told that my app was approved the day prior(Tuesday) and I dropped off my packet and had my fingerprints taken at LSP HQ on July 15. Was told that it would be mailed out either Monday or Tuesday this coming week. Next Friday will be 6 weeks exactly.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana

LOL! I've seen that. It's obviously an anti-gun message, but it's still funny. "Silencer....Loudener....and this is for shooting down police helicopters" LOL

I'll probably just wait, like LSP said, why waste theirs (and your) time to get told what you already know: It will get here when it gets here. Calling won't do anything except maybe slow them down by breaking up their concentration (I know how tedious and focused you have to be to do paperwork)

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Springhill
    I don't think its wrong to call after a reasonable wait, especially considering all the things that could go wrong (e.g. application accidentally stalls at LSP, application is sent back to you but is lost by usps, approved permit is lost by usps, etc). I called today to check on status of my application (w/ digital prints). I had confirmed receipt by them 6/8. Clerk told me the application has been approved, but not yet mailed as they're out of printing supplies. Should go out in mail next week. She was very polite. Call probably took her less than 15 seconds.

cottonmouth

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    mine was sent out AUG. 7 so I haven't bothered calling about the status (and probably never will unless it starts to get up into the 3 month mark, but I did however call them twice while I was filling out the application because I was in another state and needed some info. both times the lady I talked to was very nice and answered my questions with no problems at all. I was actually EXPECTING a bad attitude both times since I've had horrible phone experiences with other police departments in the past but I was pleasantly surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom