CHP Application Experience

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Detatnola2012

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    When I began my process, it seemed very confusing but with a little research and a few post on Bayou Shooter I have completed the process for my CHP. The class I took through Gordon was another gold mine of info for the process and many details that I never would have thought of when I would be carrying and some of the dos and don't while having my CHP. After the class I begin the waiting process of getting a medical release because of my medication that I was on. It was not a big deal. My physician wanted to make sure I wouldn't experience side effects while on my ADHD meds. As far as the actual application itself was a breeze. I applied with all my paper work online on 8/18 and went to get my fingerprints at HQ the next day. The office is slightly busy but they do have a dedicated line just for CHP permits. In addition, the ladies were super friendly and helpful. The entire fingerprinting process from the moment I walked in to the time I left was just over an hour. On 8/20, I was emailed to pay for my permit through a website and four days later I was notified via email that my application was approved and that I would receive my permit in 10-15 business days. Today (8/29) I received my actual permit in the mail. The process was a lot of paper work but doing everything online seemed to help the process move quicker. There was a lady that was fingerprinted after me and the lady told her to expect 45-55 days for the permit to come in since she had the paperwork hand written out and not done the application online. I have read a lot on both ways but I sure was glad I did it via online. Also for those who do have to fill out a medical summary form. The lady told me that you can just put it in one PDF and make sure they can read it when you submit the paper work. Hope this helps a few people out. For any who have questions, more than happy to try to help out and answer via PM or on the forum itself as soon as I see the comments.

Cheers,
    Detatnola2012

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom