CHP & expungement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsb45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Monroe, La.
    I'm planning on sending in my CHP application this week or next. My ex-wife had me arrested on a false DV charge in 2010. I pleaded not guilty & all charges were dropped. This is the only time I've been arrested in my life. I haven't even had a traffic ticket in over 10 years. I'm filing for an expungement of my record. Will this be an issue with my CHP?

dydog4566

LA CHP Instructor # 411
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Greenwell Springs,LA
    CCW Permit and expungement

Not if disclose it on the app, and send official copies of the final disposition of the case. Failure to do so will get your paperwork thrown out. It it was just an arrest and no conviction....should not be an issue if you do the above.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    You MUST disclose that you have had DV issues in the past. I just hope that Sgt. Revis will look into it and discover the fallacy behind it or see that it wasn't a big deal. Keep in mind, however, that DV is the biggest issue when issuing a CHL.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    You MUST disclose that you have had DV issues in the past. I just hope that Sgt. Revis will look into it and discover the fallacy behind it or see that it wasn't a big deal. Keep in mind, however, that DV is the biggest issue when issuing a CHL.

Do you think guilty or not guilty might come into play ??

dsb45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Monroe, La.
    I had several divorces and arrests from past life, no convictions...went thru no problem

But you don't have an expungment, you have a not guilty...right ???

I pleaded not guilty & about 9 months later all charges were dismissed. I have filed to have my arrest record expunged.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I pleaded not guilty & about 9 months later all charges were dismissed. I have filed to have my arrest record expunged.

IDK...round here the arrest record is forever, expunged is to show no felonies on a BG check...IIRC,

I am however NOT an expert.

Either way, long as your truthful it should be NP

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had an expungement for a BS charge a long time ago(not DV related or violence in any way), admitted it in the paperwork, and sent a letter from the clerk of court showing my record as clear. Got mine no prob.

Top Bottom