CHP Renewal Paperwork

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I forgot about my CHP and it expires in a month or so from now. I took dawg23's class back in September and filled out the form last night. I searched for renewal info but I have a couple questions.

Do I need to resubmit divorce paper work or another copy of my DD214? I wouldn't think so because they have it on file already but you never know.

Do I need to be finger printed again?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As stated you can put on file in those blocks and I would add the date they were originally submitted.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    As stated you can put on file in those blocks and I would add the date they were originally submitted.

I have no idea of the date.. I dropped that application off 4 years ago. I'm going to get the affidavits notarized and head over to the LSP today or tomorrow.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have been getting a CHP since they started and I have a copy of all paperwork ever submitted.
    I suggest keeping a copy of all paperwork and putting on file and the date it was first filed.
    Every 5 years review the previous application.

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    I've got to drop my renewal off this week because I forgot that it expires this month. Where exactly do you go to drop it off? I figure LSP headquarters but just at the front desk or do you have to actually deliver it to the CHP unit? I want to get it checked by someone because I may have a problem with my notarized part. I was given a pen to sign them but it was a red one and when I finished and the notary saw he gave me a red one he said to just scratch it out and resign in black and it would be fine. Just want to make sure it's OK before I leave them.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've got to drop my renewal off this week because I forgot that it expires this month. Where exactly do you go to drop it off? I figure LSP headquarters but just at the front desk or do you have to actually deliver it to the CHP unit? I want to get it checked by someone because I may have a problem with my notarized part. I was given a pen to sign them but it was a red one and when I finished and the notary saw he gave me a red one he said to just scratch it out and resign in black and it would be fine. Just want to make sure it's OK before I leave them.

I would say call and ask before you make the trip to BR they might not take that. They sent my last app back because the instructor doubled stamped the date and they couldn't read it.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I had something similar. They told me to put "No change since original application" in the appropriate spaces.

The office has been really helpful. You might give them a call.
    :eh:

Formermonroehand

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Dutchtown
    I had something similar. They told me to put "No change since original application" in the appropriate spaces.

The office has been really helpful. You might give them a call.
    :eh:

Does this apply to my DD214 as well? I have been out for over 6 years and probably can't put my hands on a copy very readily and I am running way behind on getting my renewal packet turned in.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Does this apply to my DD214 as well? I have been out for over 6 years and probably can't put my hands on a copy very readily and I am running way behind on getting my renewal packet turned in.

Looks like if you can put ON FILE for the other stuff you could do it for your 214 since if you have already provided it.

But that's me talking I guess you need to call them to be sure.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I turned my renewal paperwork today. I should know something in a few weeks. My CHP expires on Jan 13th.

I have been getting a CHP since they started and I have a copy of all paperwork ever submitted.
    I suggest keeping a copy of all paperwork and putting on file and the date it was first filed.
    Every 5 years review the previous application.

That's a good idea. I never keep anything. That way I wouldn't have to look up all my addresses for the last 15 years each time. I've lived in Cali, Florida, Georgia and Louisiana. In that time I went from married to divorced to married again. Time flies when your having fun!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom