CHP Timeline ***Update***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Assuming the person answering the phone does the processing. Maybe their job is answering the phone and waiting on people that walk in the door?

Regardless, I think any reasonable person that spends $100 on something to be delivered within 3 months, wouldn't be out of line calling to find out what's up when 4 months pass with no word.

So... I apologize ahead of time if I make yours 2 minutes later! :)

The three people that work all the applications are the same ones that answer every call and every email. that said, I tell my students that the average time is 90 days. If they have heard nothing at 100 days, give them a call. Anything before that is wasting everyone's time.

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    They need to change that info on the site (even if this means taking someone's 10 minutes) because if they're really up to 5 months like they told me, there are a lot of phone calls one could make between day 90 and day 150.

GRRR. I'm so irritated.

ChadR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    The three people that work all the applications are the same ones that answer every call and every email. that said, I tell my students that the average time is 90 days. If they have heard nothing at 100 days, give them a call. Anything before that is wasting everyone's time.

Ah, thanks for the insight.

And I agree 100%. I double checked and I'm right at 120 days now. I'll wait until Wednesday since I know they've sent a lot out in the last few days (office supplies came in)... then I'll call.

ChadR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Who said it was a rumor?

I can't remember if it was my brother (local LEO) or the guy I bought my G26 from (also LEO). Maybe I should have said I was told it was "probably" a rumor. That's why I put the shrugging shoulders smiley. I really don't know... I just keep hearing, "well, I heard this" or "well, I heard that", but I haven't seen anything official stating that.

Do you have a reliable source?

Either way, I've already spent the money on the LA CHP... so I'm just impatiently waiting. ;) (I was very patient for the first 3 1/2 months!)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I can't remember if it was my brother (local LEO) or the guy I bought my G26 from (also LEO). Maybe I should have said I was told it was "probably" a rumor. That's why I put the shrugging shoulders smiley. I really don't know... I just keep hearing, "well, I heard this" or "well, I heard that", but I haven't seen anything official stating that.

Do you have a reliable source?

Either way, I've already spent the money on the LA CHP... so I'm just impatiently waiting. ;) (I was very patient for the first 3 1/2 months!)

If I remember right all my info came from here on BS in the thread below. Maybe someone will come along with some info.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20426&highlight=resident+florida+permits

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Shreveport
    got mine

I received mine today. :p

Mailed June 1.
    Check cashed August 28.
    Permit issued September 29.
    Received October 5.

121 days to issue the permit.
    89 days from mailing the app. to check cashing
    32 days from check cashed to issued.

I have not been a resident for greater than 15 years. So theoretically, they had to do a little more checking on me. (They should have, anyway, I paid extra for it.)

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I hope I don't make too many people mad right now, but I just got mine in the mail today. :hi5: I dropped it off August 31. And since I haven't lived in Louisiana for the last 15 years, they had to do extra checking on me.

Of course, I did make the drive to BR so that shaved some time off. But I wasn't expecting it to come in this fast. 35 days from drop off to receiving the permit.

Hopefully all of yours will come soon.

ChadR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    I hope I don't make too many people mad right now, but I just got mine in the mail today. :hi5: I dropped it off August 31. And since I haven't lived in Louisiana for the last 15 years, they had to do extra checking on me.

Of course, I did make the drive to BR so that shaved some time off. But I wasn't expecting it to come in this fast. 35 days from drop off to receiving the permit.

Hopefully all of yours will come soon.

Not mad. Congrats! It's just more proof that they are churning them out.

And I'm going to be sure to inform anyone else I know that's applying... that they need to take it to LSP personally.

ChadR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    I was hoping to post some good news today, but still no luck. It's been around 125 days.

I called a couple days ago and was told my app was "approved" last week and that it should be mailed THIS week. We'll see.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Hi all. This is my 2nd post! I decided to join after getting my permit. I mailed it off at the end of May/beginning of June and got it back at the beginning of October. So about 4 months total. (Glad to start contributing)

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    I finally called when 4 months was officially through - and was told that they were "just about to" send me a letter that my prints needed to be redone because they weren't clear enough.
    I don't want to wait any longer than I have to so I might just make the drive this week to have them done there...I've never been to Baton Rouge - any tips on parking, finding the office?

Still have NOT received the letter that my prints were rejected, and I'm afraid to send my new prints back without that letter lest it get lost in their bottomless pit of CHP applications.
    Also haven't had the time to make to Baton Rouge between the hours of 8-4 since I have to work in NOLA.
    ...grumble gumble grumble...

pman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Ruston
    I mailed mine May 15th and received it Sept 25th. I was worried about the prints because there was a slight smudge on one of them, but they went through just fine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom