Church carry for LEO?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I know the problems of carrying in Church for regular CCW people. What about LEO?

At our church a JP constable handles all of the donations. He comes to church in purple camo pants, JP polo shirt, and equipment belt every week but no firearm is visible nor have I noticed it printing (but they're covered in pockets so...).

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I know the problems of carrying in Church for regular CCW people. What about LEO?

At our church a JP constable handles all of the donations. He comes to church in purple camo pants, JP polo shirt, and equipment belt every week but no firearm is visible nor have I noticed it printing (but they're covered in pockets so...).

Pics or it did not happen. LOLOLOLOL :bowdown:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^^^^ That was kinda my point. Having a few LEO that I know are armed makes me feel less exposed. Lets face it, just because we haven't had a nut case shoot up a church yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Especially if we start protecting schools.

The outfit doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but I just don't get purple camo. Maybe if you're hiding in a garden full of Wandering Jew...

Last edited:

peacemakr72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    CC is allowed only with permission from the CEO of the congregation. There should be a meeting of the Pastor and the governing board to pass a resolution allowing named person to CC during the services. If the governing board does not approve in unanimous vote it is best not to carry.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    ^^^^ That was kinda my point. Having a few LEO that I know are armed makes me feel less exposed. Lets face it, just because we haven't had a nut case shoot up a church yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Especially if we start protecting schools.

The outfit doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but I just don't get purple camo. Maybe if you're hiding in a garden full of Wandering Jew...

Seems to be regular shootings at churches. Just doesn't make headlines.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/oakland-church-shooting_n_2364747.html
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...r-dead-including-one-at-a-church-reports-say/
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/166636/1/Two-Killed-In-Colorado-Church-Shooting-)

I carry at church but then it's legal here, no comment for when I lived in LA.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That is kind of what I was thinking. Technically you can OC in a church right?

The only thing making you unable to CC in church is the CC laws/rules?

I would say it's legal to OC but they would probably ask you to leave or at least take the gun out. Then if you didn't you would have a problem.

And yes you're right about the CC that's a problem with our CHP rules. We would have to go by that crazy ass law they passed about CC in Church.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom