Cleared by the boss for a new pistol...I NEED INPUT!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    Alright, so she's given me the green light to buy a new toy and I'm making this one count, by God!

What I am seeking here is some real world experience from you folks on a few options I'm considering and any input on others I may have missed.

My only critical features at the moment are:

45 pistol
    Suppressor ready (or aftermarket options if reasonable)
    Ergonomics (can't stand a bulky grip)

Main choices right now, in no particular order:

HK45 Tactical (so damn comfortable in my hands!)
    FNX 45 (bulky, yes, but optics ready!)
    M&P 45 CORE (add a threaded barel and it's still less than the other two, plus optics ready)

I plan to hit Barney's to see if I can rent the three for test runs in the coming weeks but need an idea of the cons you've encountered with each. I've read the reviews and forum chatter comparing them all, but I've still not settled on a primary choice. I know range time will help shake them out a bit, but reliability can't be confirmed in one afternoon. One factor I've not seen discussed much is ammo issues with these. Any input on that would be nice as I stock bulk ball 45 and would like to continue running the cheap stuff and I don't reload.

Any other platforms that you think should be considered are welcomed as I plan to enjoy making the selection process as fun as I can! Concealment is not an issue as it'll be a range gun.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I didn't like the trigger on the HK45 as much as my USP-Tactical. I have the FN-Tactical and it's a nice mix, lots of features, but blocky like the USP without but doesn't have a match trigger.

I sold my HK45, And shoot better with my USP-T, but the FN-T looks cool with my RMR.

bayouteche85

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    Breaux Bridge
    Getting rid of the boss would cost me half of everything! She's very supportive of my addiction though. I appreciate the input provided. I will hit Barney's as soon as possible to try them out. Just found out today that I have access to a FN with a can and RMR. Definitely going to do that.

I was not aware of the new Walther. If I can get my hands on one to try, its a definite consideration. My EDC is a PPS in 40 and I love it. Its crazy accurate for such a small gun.

Thanks again for the input!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    F97BE33E-53B6-4BFF-B9E4-D8B0BCA58FA2_zps2ojndiyu.jpg

Just saying..... One of my al time favorite pistols in my safe is my USP Tactical.

D2FAFEDF-858B-48AC-8CCD-F3E891040FBD_zpsfds90zxo.jpg

But the FN-T is a pretty good host. Zero issues with either, but the HK match trigger is better in single action.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Never meant to get rid of her permanently

Buy her a new purse!

Then you can have your way at Barneys!!!

Boy if this aint the God's honest truth!!

I have an FNS-9 and my B-I-L has the fnx-tactical 45. We both like the eronomics but we both big hands. The only real gripe he voiced when we were getting in a little practice the other day was the frame can flex.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I prefer shooting suppressed 9mm since its quieter and cheaper so when I was in the market for a .45 host I didn't want to spend $1,200 on a pistol that would be used less frequently. I found a new Remington R1 enhanced threaded 1911 for just over $500 after rebate. It is fun to shoot and the stock suppressor height sights are nice. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452355237.828034.jpg

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    HK all the way.

I have an FNx-T .. it's okay. it is staying... but the HK is awesomer.

The slide fit on the PPQ sucks.. you get lots of gunk in your face from them.

When shooting the FNX-T with an RMR, the RMR lens gets covered in gunk after a couple mags and has to be cleaned. Stick to suppressor height sights.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    maybe i'm in the minority with my opinion, but i'm team FNX-T all the way! 15+1 capacity, designed to be suppressed, slide precut for RMR and comes with an awesome tote bag that will have a sleeve to keep your suppressor handy.

in the same token, i have an HK USP 45 (non-tactical)... while it's deadly accurate, i can't get over the slide stop size and it doesn't sit as nicely in my hand as the FNX-T does.

Swamp Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Covington, LA
    I've had my Walther PPQM2 45 for about 2 weeks and love it. It is comfortable in the hand and has a great trigger for half the cost of the H&K ($579) nothreaded barrel yet nut I'm sure it will come with time. Ambi slide release, no ext safety, great grip, 12 rds! Did I mention the great trigger with no hammer - striker fired. And was super accurate out of the box. Definitely find one to shoot before you buy anything!

Top Bottom