Clip Draw opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6cyclone6

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    BATON ROUGE
    Are any of you guys clip draw users past or present? what are your general opinions, likes or dislikes. Specificaly in reference to glocks if that makes a difference to anyone. As I try different cc holsters and methods I wonder how secure/safe a clip draw is for daily cc. thanks for any and all opinions!

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I know papa likes his. It's not for me though. I too need a holster that covers the trigger guard. Especially when drawing under duress. With that said, it has a place in deep concealment.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    if you must have a clip, go to www.ravenconcealment.com, there is a "holster" that only covers the trigger guard to protect against a negligent discharge, and can be tied to a belt loop, etc, so that when drawing, the guard pops off allowing acess to trigger. Just my .02

^^This^^ I use it every day.The smallest IWB holster I have found and I love it.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I know this is a ridiculous question coming from the most experienced and proficient shooter here on the forum, but what is a "clip draw"?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    You couldn't pay me to carry a Glock with a ClipDraw. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Pretty much agree totally on this one. If you carry in CONDITION 3 however, its doable.

However, a smaller pistol, with a LONG DA action such as the Kel Tec PF-9 is an absolute dream to carry with the clip and I never even worry about the trigger being exposed. IMO its the most comfortable and concealable way to carry this particular model.

I personally have used the Glock Clip Draw and I WAS CONSTANTLY thinking about the trigger being exposed and something getting in there. In CONDITION 1, its not worth it IMO.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    A belt clip that mounts directly to the pistol in lieu of a holster.

images

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    A belt clip that mounts directly to the pistol in lieu of a holster.

images

OH, HELL NO! I was offered a Kel-Tec PF11 for $200 and it had one of those clips on it. I hate those things. ANYTHING can get caught on the trigger and blow a hole in my foot.

No way. Uh-uh. Not me.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I would have taken the P11 with the belt clip and carried it until the cows come home.

Or, just take it off. No offense to you Dave, but I'd take a 9mm Kel Tec over your new carry pistol any day of the week and I often wondered why you didn't look at the Kel Tec's as they are great bargains for the money and absolutely reliable.

Top Bottom