Coffee Anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    ...and this is not a starbucks open carry thread.

I've been enjoying quite a bit of coffee lately, and noticed that the shooting community as a whole seems to have a similar interest when it comes to beverages. I guess it's because we can't enjoy a few cold ones before running through a USPSA match, or a sporting clays course.

So here's the question: What's your favorite cup of joe? My absolute favorite is Blue Mountain, found in Jamaica, but I'm faithfull to my 4-6 daily cups of Community dark roast in the office. My third place would have to be my new discovery of Target's store-brand whole-bean arabica. I typically grind it fresh, to start my weekends.

Everyone else?:cool:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Community- when at all possible.

If it's not available, I'd make do with whatever's there. But if I have a choice, I gotta go with the home team.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I enjoy community coffee as well. I like the Between roast and the Dark roast. Every now and then I drink some with Cafe Du Monde chickory coffee. I enjoy that as well. That Blue mountain coffee I have never tried but at that price with how much I drink I don't want to try it.

On average I am a pot a day guy. Somtimes two pots. I like mine with a little bit of fat free cream (seems like an oxymoron) and no sugar or one sugar (the real stuff)

And I use only filter water like was suggested above. I can really taste the difference. I am going to move towards a french press or percolator one of these days but you can't beat the convenience of a coffee pot with a timer. It is nice waking up to a fresh pot already made.

I thought about joining a coffee forum because I don't know much but I enjoy the taste of coffee a great deal. I don't really know how to describe the taste however so I can't explain to individuals what I like so I can get suggestions. Taste is a unique sense to describe...... It just never comes out correctly

Last edited:

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I enjoy community coffee as well. I like the Between roast and the Dark roast. Every now and then I drink some with Cafe Du Monde chickory coffee.

I almost feel bad leaving my old college stand-by: Cafe du Monde. In Natchitoches, the local grocery store carried it as a "discount brand". I still don't get that, but that chicory flavor brings me back.:hs:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I almost feel bad leaving my old college stand-by: Cafe du Monde. In Natchitoches, the local grocery store carried it as a "discount brand". I still don't get that, but that chicory flavor brings me back.:hs:

It is funny you say that because the only reason I switched away from the chicory was because everywhere else I went and drank coffee it tasted strange so I figured might as well get used to the norm and treat myself with something different.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Community Dark Roast, or their Carnival Cake flavored.

However I have crawled through hell this week. I'm usually a 12 cup pot drinker. I got busy packing, skipped a day. Suffice to say it's been years since I've had a migraine that strong.

I haven't had a cup in three days now. If something like that makes me hurt as bad as it did, it's an addiction I need to break. After detoxing I'll readjust to a two cup daily limit.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I am glad to see this thread come up. My son owns a Christian Book store . I have been approaching him to start serving Starbucks coffee which can be bought from the internet. My purpose is to use as a draw to the store. I hardy ever get anywhere that serves Starbucks, but do enjoy the coffee.

What sort of input can I get from all of you as we don't have a Starbucks within the whole parish?
    I am not interested in a Starbucks' franchise.
    This morning we had to leave home early to beat traffic ,in short we pulled into a Sonic for a cup to go. I have not tasted such a bad coffee since my military days .

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Costa Rican Tarrazu - best bean on the planet. Try Cafe Brit's, it will change your life.

Damn I woulda bet money nobody on here drank my brand, I also like the Winn and Lovett Costa Rican High mountain grown, their Sumatra Mandheling is pretty damn good too, but neither as mild as Tarrazu

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Community Dark Roast or Bonus Blend Dark. Shot of milk and a tad sugar. I don't do chicory. Nasty, just a weed that the ol' folks used to "cut" their coffee to stretch it out.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Michael Savage tells of his experience at a San Francisco Starbucks...:rofl::rofl:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60dGh3lBqLU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60dGh3lBqLU[/ame]

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Sumatran Mandelhing, Kenyan AA, Jamaican Blue - all are VERY good cups of coffee. I very much enjoy a cup of Community when brewed correctly (and don't ask what that is. If I knew I'd be brewing it.), but my all-time favorite is Bustelo. My Cuban wife introduced it to me, and it's best when brewed in a cafetera. Me, I brew it in a coffee-maker, and it's not the same, but still excellent. The Spanish just seem to have a way with coffee. Pilon and Cafe La Llava are also good, but Bustelo is my fave. I buy 18 cans at a time to get the discount. Bustelo is delicious with a sharp edge ameliorated by cream. Damn good.

Top Bottom