Collecting C&R goodies, lotsa' history.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FloridaFialaFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First off, I collect only .22rf single-shot firearms made in US or Canada. However, I've long been fascinated with the old H&R Handy Guns. Unfortunately all I ever saw or heard about them was 410 and 28ga single-shot scatterguns. Not exactly suited to my .22rf collecting parameters...

Then, up for auction online, I spotted an oddball I wasn't aware of - even after spending more than sixty years of collecting and being interested in guns. (I started in the '50s.)

HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON HANDY GUN in .22rf, all original except for aftermarket rear sight.

HandRHANDYGUN22rf003_edited.jpg

I had to do some research to make sure it was actually an H&R Handy Gun. To my complete surprise, with study I learned H&R turned out TWO versions of their popular Handy Gun with rifled barrels: .22rf and 32/20cf. The gun guides state there were an estimated 225 made in .22 and even fewer in 32/20. They were made only from 1931 to 1934. (Right in my age group.)

We now know there were more than the estimated 225 made in .22rf. Mine's serial number is 226! ;)

I love these old timers. There's a fair sized bunch of 'em hang out here - all different so am learning LOTS of American gunmaking history. :thumbsup:

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom