Colorado Parade

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    this won't last long. Colorado just passed legislation giving illegals drivers licenses. once they start voting, the guns will be gone.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Good observation. So, we haven't been playing the game correctly. We've got to position ourselves as victims.

1. "x number of unarmed citizens are the target of violent crime each year."
    2. "We are a persecuted minority and we demand our Civil Rights."

That kind of spin has always worked.
    For women, blacks, gays, Hispanics, Muslims. You name a special interest group that has approached their goal in that manner, for whom it has not worked. And the louder they screamed, the better.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Good observation. So, we haven't been playing the game correctly. We've got to position ourselves as victims.

1. "x number of unarmed citizens are the target of violent crime each year."
    2. "We are a persecuted minority and we demand our Civil Rights."

That kind of spin has always worked.
    For women, blacks, gays, Hispanics, Muslims. You name a special interest group that has approached their goal in that manner, for whom it has not worked. And the louder they screamed, the better.

I think you are on to something Sir! I like that.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    this won't last long. Colorado just passed legislation giving illegals drivers licenses. once they start voting, the guns will be gone.

Not if gun owners can persuade them - and they may not need much persuasion. Think about this - they came from places torn by violence and were legally unable to defend themselves. In America, they CAN own guns and defend themselves and their loved ones.

Some of the staunchest supporters of gun rights have been the families of Jews who fled Soviet pogroms or Nazi persecution. We have our work cut out for us, but we can make this turn to our advantage.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Reminds me of another quote.

"We're fierce, we're feminists and we're in your face."

It worked for them.

The play was from the old gay pride parade chant, replacing we got gear with a derogatory word for homosexual. It also worked for them. I just don't feel the need to share with the whole world that I own firearms. I'm not a Gunowner, like a feminist or a republican or a transvestite. I'm just a person who happens to also own guns. I don't feel that that defines me or classifies me, or is really anything to celebrate.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ...........I'm not a Gunowner, like a feminist or a republican or a transvestite. I'm just a person who happens to also own guns. I don't feel that that defines me or classifies me, or is really anything to celebrate.

I agree. The problem is that is how you/we are classified and defined by the other side. And they are driving the debate. Remember another quote: "Perception IS reality." So the smart play is to borrow their play and Alinsky them better than they Alinsky us. We are dealing with a largely stupid population that will swallow the best sound bites.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    So the smart play is to borrow their play and Alinsky them better than they Alinsky us.

A f'ing men. Alinsky was a genius. I don't like his politics, but his tactics work. If a Republican candidate really got going with the rules for Conservatives, stolen from Alinsky, I think they would kick ass.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I think I've got the Rifle open carriers figured out. When the Dems announced they were going to get "assault rifles" banned a bunch of guys ran out and paid 2 -3 times what they should have for an AR15 or an AK47. They didn't stop and think "Where am I going to shoot this thing?" they just bought it because they might not be able to one day.. NOW they realize you can't shoot them in an indoor range and they don't have an outdoor range nearby. BUT they paid so freakin' much for the thing they have to do SOMETHING with it so they take it to dinner, or when they go to Target for diapers. But the restaurant put up a ban sign and Target politely asked them not to bring their rifles inside so now they've moved on to parades. Pretty soon they'll be dressing up as clowns and doing 21 gun salutes at children's birthday parties.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    A f'ing men. Alinsky was a genius. I don't like his politics, but his tactics work. If a Republican candidate really got going with the rules for Conservatives, stolen from Alinsky, I think they would kick ass.

They call us radicals. Okay, lets be radical. Jefferson was a radical in his day.

Top Bottom