Coming back

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sabonin9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    I started out 15 years ago shooting 3 position air rifle, but have not compeated in 8 years. I am looking to get into mid range rifle, and some pistole comps. Any advice for the best calipers? Thinking of a Howa .223 or .243 for rifle. What are the common grounds for pistole (ex. ironclad ...).

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    What pistol game do you want to play? For example, USPSA has several divisions, and each division has a popular caliber. 38 super or 9mm for open, .40 for limited, 9mm for production, etc. USPSA is about as far away as you can get from 3 position rifle...

I would think that he caliber abswer would vary depending on what competition you are interested in.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    If you want to try service rifle shooting (NRA highpower rifle), join the Louisiana Shooting Association. We will rent you a rifle for $5 if you want to shoot a match. It is fired from standing, sitting and prone at 200, 300 and 600 yards (or on a reduced course at 200 yards with scaled targets). Air rifle competition is a great foundation for highpower. If you are interested, contact me.

Dan

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Contact Dan is right. I also had air rifle and small bore experience and have moved to high power rifle as Dan points out. We can get you set up right, all you have to do is let us know when your coming to try it out.

Top Bottom