Competition ear protection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I am sure it's evident by now that I am new to USPSA shooting but I am addicted now. Can anyone share their thoughts, experiences, opinions on investing into some better ear protection? I have seen different styles and brands ranging from a few bucks to over $1,000+ or more. I like the muffs vs. ear plugs and I am currently borrowing a set with volume control from a fellow shooter. I don't want to break the bank but also would like to invest in something that will last for awhile. Thanks in advance.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Peltor tactical sports. Significantly better than the $40-50 ones but without spending hundreds of dollars. They can be purchased pretty easily for $100 and cheaper if you really look. I paid $85 for mine.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Peltor tactical sports. Significantly better than the $40-50 ones but without spending hundreds of dollars. They can be purchased pretty easily for $100 and cheaper if you really look. I paid $85 for mine.

Cool, yea I got a pretty nice pair right now, lol

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    Another vote for the MSA Pro-X.. I wear them every day at work and when ever I go to the range. More than worth the money.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Might I ask what you prefer about the muffs over the plugs?

A fitted set of plugs is hard to beat... And I may know a guy... :o

I guess mostly the price. I've seen some going into $700+ but I could easily be looking at the wrong sites. I would have to plead ignorance for the most part as I haven't had the opportunity to have someone tell/show me some details on fitted plugs.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I have used Howard Leight, (sp), pro ears, and peltors, and custom plugs. I like the custom plugs for pure sound control. The electronic ones are better when I am shooting so I can hear the buzzer. I have been shooting for 5 years now and I can finally say that I am at the point that I think that the $1000 electronic plugs are worth it. I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I am getting close.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom