concealed carry at the state fair?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    # A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
    # Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.

anyone know if either of those 2 laws would pertain to this?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I decided to be a good citizen and ask a cop at the gate about it. I showed him my permit and said "Is this going to be a problem?" He basically told me that they'd "prefer" if I left it in my car since it's "private property." I'm not sure about the latter but I'd think they'd prefer law abiding citizens keep their guns on their person as opposed to in their car which could possibly be stolen. Anyway, I didn't want any fuss so I went put it back in the car.

I always find these gun laws so ironic. The only people that gun laws hurt are the law abiding citizens. A criminal isn't going to care about the laws so that only leaves us innocent people unarmed.

colby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    I always find these gun laws so ironic. The only people that gun laws hurt are the law abiding citizens. A criminal isn't going to care about the laws so that only leaves us innocent people unarmed.
    qft!

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The fair is not a parade or demonstration.

That said, they have a sign saying no weapons of any kind that they carry around and post at the gate. However, said sign is unconstitutional, and that is another goal of LouisianaCarry is to get that removed.

I am not currently aware of any law backing that sign up, and am intersted in getting a summary judgement from the court preventing it's further use.

Here is a search results page from the Legislature's official web site containing all laws referencing firearms: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/search.asp?ALL=ALL&SearchString=firearms

Top Bottom