Concealed carry for women

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Same problem...

I'm crossing the same bridge with my wife. However, my wife doesn't really have an aversion to the new lineup of concealed carry purses...some of them are pretty nice tooled leather. If your wife is the type with the "Coach" purse, I could see the problem with style differences. There's a young lady who does a series of videos on youtube that you should check out. It's all from a woman's perspective and gives several good options.

This is a link to her channel, hope it helps. My wife saw several useful tips within a few of her videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography

cheers
    ~r~

sambeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Simple solution

bs2.jpg

What is this FROM??

sambeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    My partner made her own thigh holster. She bought some wide elastic at a fabric and notions store then sewed on one of the cheap uncle mike's holsters. She loves it, and it seems to be very secure. The flashbang holsters look very interesting.

I bought a holster purse for her, but she decided the purse doesn't carry enough of her stuff. She mostly carries on body these days.

Sam

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    My wife informed me last night that she has signed up to take a concealed carry course in a few weeks!!! I had no idea she was finally getting this serious about it. I am very excited that she has finally decided to do so. I remembered this thread and was wondering if anyone has any follow up experiences with any of the above information. Thanks for any info. I can imagine that she will probably want to start off with some sort of purse carry so I am starting some research on that.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My wife informed me last night that she has signed up to take a concealed carry course in a few weeks!!! I had no idea she was finally getting this serious about it. I am very excited that she has finally decided to do so. I remembered this thread and was wondering if anyone has any follow up experiences with any of the above information. Thanks for any info. I can imagine that she will probably want to start off with some sort of purse carry so I am starting some research on that.

I just saw this thread too. I carry on my hip. If I'm wearing a tighter than normal shirt, I just carry my purse on that shoulder. No biggie. If I have too, I'll holster it and put it in my purse but the vast majority of the time I have it on my hip. A lot of people freak out when they see me carrying. It's not illegal, I don't know, maybe a chick with a gun is scary to them :mamoru:

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I just saw this thread too. I carry on my hip. If I'm wearing a tighter than normal shirt, I just carry my purse on that shoulder. No biggie. If I have too, I'll holster it and put it in my purse but the vast majority of the time I have it on my hip. A lot of people freak out when they see me carrying. It's not illegal, I don't know, maybe a chick with a gun is scary to them :mamoru:
    What gun and what holster are you using?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    She is the type with the Coach purse...:(

My wife got her CHP a week ago and we have been trying to figure out how she can carry. She has about as many Coach purses as I have guns.

BTW, what is Boondock Saints II? Move or a game?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom