concealed carry furniture?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    That really is cool. However, I would not count on the tykes failing to discover that cache, eventually. They handle/explore EVERYTHING.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Badass.

ETA - I agree with Leonidas. Didn't take long for my little brother and I to open dad's secret armory room when we were younger.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Funny - I was looking at those this morning too. Fort Knox makes a nice looking one but pretty expensive.

Great hiding spot for a quick go to gun but not really secure enough with having little ones around. -- You know if they see you open it one time its over.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    There was a post several months ago where a member here built a coat rack to go by the door that hid a shotgun. I think that is my favorite. The shelf you linked looks nice, but I think it might be more difficult to get that to blend in, at least with my home decor. If your wife has a wall already covered with shadow boxes and similar shelves, go for it. Seems like a solid idea as long as it is high enough and not next to a chair or counter.

ETA: My girlfriend has a 5 year old son and I have had to modify my home setup accordingly. For now, I'm just putting my bedside shotgun on top of my 7' armoire and putting the pistol on the top of the kitchen cabinets when they come over. I'm 6'6" so it works well enough.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    There was a post several months ago where a member here built a coat rack to go by the door that hid a shotgun. I think that is my favorite. The shelf you linked looks nice, but I think it might be more difficult to get that to blend in, at least with my home decor. If your wife has a wall already covered with shadow boxes and similar shelves, go for it. Seems like a solid idea as long as it is high enough and not next to a chair or counter.

ETA: My girlfriend has a 5 year old son and I have had to modify my home setup accordingly. For now, I'm just putting my bedside shotgun on top of my 7' armoire and putting the pistol on the top of the kitchen cabinets when they come over. I'm 6'6" so it works well enough.

I'm currently using the height advantage too, but that won't last forever. The pieces I linked require a magnetic key to unlock, so thats a pro/con as well.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I didn't notice the part about a magnetic key. That would be a no-go for me. A hidden latch or secret button would be the only way to go, imo.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I had looked into one a few months ago. The price was 10x that! I'm just wondering what kind of quality you're going to get for sub $200.

Top Bottom