Concealed carry & Leo's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I was driving 65 in the right lane on I-10 in St John Parish ( I live in St John) and there was a St John deputy stopped on the shoulder running radar. They do it all the time, in the same places so I knew what he was up to. Just as I am passing him 2 or 3 cars pass me on the left doing well above 75. I glance in my rear view mirror and see him pull out and turn on his blue lights. Ah ha, he going get them, wrong, he pulls me over. I give him my license and CHP and tell him I an carrying. He says he clocked me at 86, I say no way, you clocked the cars that passed me at 86. He calls me a liar, but lets me off, probably because I live in the parish. What pissed me off was calling me a liar, he made a mistake, either ticket me or let me go but don't call me a liar. Last moving violation I got was 35 years ago.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I was driving 65 in the right lane on I-10 in St John Parish ( I live in St John) and there was a St John deputy stopped on the shoulder running radar. They do it all the time, in the same places so I knew what he was up to. Just as I am passing him 2 or 3 cars pass me on the left doing well above 75. I glance in my rear view mirror and see him pull out and turn on his blue lights. Ah ha, he going get them, wrong, he pulls me over. I give him my license and CHP and tell him I an carrying. He says he clocked me at 86, I say no way, you clocked the cars that passed me at 86. He calls me a liar, but lets me off, probably because I live in the parish. What pissed me off was calling me a liar, he made a mistake, either ticket me or let me go but don't call me a liar. Last moving violation I got was 35 years ago.

A cop being a dick while giving a traffic ticket? Unheard of!! Seriously though, some cops are cool as can be in those situations while others act as if they are about to be the ones to pay a $200 fine!

You did get let off which is nice, but him calling you a liar is out of line IMO. If you were lying, he should have given you the ticket.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

St. John Parish is notorious for that.

My first speeding ticket that I've ever received was in Manchac, right when you enter into the parish. I was cruising at 75 and he gave me a ticket for 83. The second ticket I received was in the same area and it was thrown out.

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    I hear ya buttanic.

Did you have a smartphone with you? Using GPS? (Better if you did.)

There are some out there that can pull data off the phone to prove how fast you were going. I believe analyzers like the one Progressive Insurance offers can also be used in situations like this.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I dont want to insult departments, but the stuff I see Saint John and even the State doing on I-55 is in my opinion criminally neglegent. They park on the shoulder of exit ramps facing the wrong direction with no lights and occasionally even in the dark radaring and will enter the interstate and from the wrong direction and even travel down the interstate in the wrong direction all to get get that guy doing 10-15 over. I've chewed ass with both departments and it doesnt matter they just keep on keeping on. And before someone says I have the red-ass because they got me, the answer is no I know where to slow down and I try to let someone pass me so I can be just a litle slower than the guy in front of me. :D

Last edited:

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    I dont want to insult departments, but the stuff I see Saint John and even the State doing on I-55 is in my opinion criminally neglegent. They park on the shoulder of exit ramps facing the wrong direction with no lights and occasionally even in the dark radaring and will enter the interstate and from the wrong direction and even travel down the interstate in the wrong direction all to get get that guy doing 10-15 over. I've chewed ass with both departments and it doesnt matter they just keep on keeping on. And before someone says I have the red-ass because they got me, the answer is no I know where to slow down and I try to let someone pass me so I can be just a litle slower than the guy in front of me. :D

Yep they like speed traps on the down side of Manchac bridge and the curve after it and the on ramp at Ruddock. Tickets have gotten crazy, one of my drivers got a ticket in Laplace for headlight out and it cost $300.00 that's just messed up.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Don't speed?

one-does-not-simply-drive-the-speed-limit-whilst-listening-to-me.jpg

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    It's common sense that the word gun may get you shot by a rookie cop? That's some funny stuff!!

Is that not what happened to Philando Castille? Maybe, maybe not. I dunno. Seems like it was the word gun combined with going for his wallet. And that's exactly the reason why I keep my hands on the steering wheel. I don't go digging around for my wallet or in the glove box whilst the officer approaches my window.
    [Hands on the wheel while officer is approaching]
    "License and Registration"
    No problem, officer, but I have a duty to inform you that I am a concealed carrier. [keeps hands on steering wheel]
    "Ok, go ahead and do this"
    [does exactly this]

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Is that not what happened to Philando Castille? Maybe, maybe not. I dunno. Seems like it was the word gun combined with going for his wallet. And that's exactly the reason why I keep my hands on the steering wheel. I don't go digging around for my wallet or in the glove box whilst the officer approaches my window.
    [Hands on the wheel while officer is approaching]
    "License and Registration"
    No problem, officer, but I have a duty to inform you that I am a concealed carrier. [keeps hands on steering wheel]
    "Ok, go ahead and do this"
    [does exactly this]

Yea telling the LEO you have a gun, reaching in pockets and not following commands is gonna end bad lol.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    In my experience with the Law, after I inform about ccw they seem upset that I wasted there time, they could have had my ticket filled out and had me on my way so they could tax the next law breaker!! Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I must be doing something wrong. I haven't been pulled over for anything in the last 40 years and ya'll get pulled over every week.
    In my experience with the Law, after I inform about ccw they seem upset that I wasted there time, they could have had my ticket filled out and had me on my way so they could tax the next law breaker!! Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom