Congrats Tea Party!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I am not a party line guy. I've voted for all sides. I hate that there are 2 parties that would rather bitch than do stuff. But, that's politics. I hate that the tea party had to get GOP endorsement to win, but they weren't going to do it otherwise. The GOP would have killed them. I hope that they aren't under the thumb of the GOP and can break this stalemate and get rid of the 2 party system. I hope in 6 years we can see a 3 party system and the tea party be more of an independant/constitutional party versus a hard core conservative party. I am VERY glad that the super-majority is dead. I hate that one party can control everything. It never ends well. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the election results and I hope to see the country moving forward.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    IMHO, the GOP is just using and abusing the Tea Party movement. It will be politics as usual before you know it, and within a year or two we won't even hear the words Tea Party anymore. :(

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I am not a party line guy. I've voted for all sides. I hate that there are 2 parties that would rather bitch than do stuff. But, that's politics. I hate that the tea party had to get GOP endorsement to win, but they weren't going to do it otherwise. The GOP would have killed them. I hope that they aren't under the thumb of the GOP and can break this stalemate and get rid of the 2 party system. I hope in 6 years we can see a 3 party system and the tea party be more of an independant/constitutional party versus a hard core conservative party. I am VERY glad that the super-majority is dead. I hate that one party can control everything. It never ends well. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the election results and I hope to see the country moving forward.

Who are you and what have you done with Penguin??? :confused:

:D (J/K) I'm pleased as well, and sincerely hope that those who've earned the trust of the American People will earn the right to keep it. Washington has been put on notice: We The People are tired of your crap; Please take us seriously- "or else".;)

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    IMHO, the GOP is just using and abusing the Tea Party movement. It will be politics as usual before you know it, and within a year or two we won't even hear the words Tea Party anymore. :(

That's my fear. Some of the tea party arguments are very good, but the GOP is like the ugly step-dad that won't let them be in the school play. Ok, that didn't make any sense. But I agree, if the tea party candidates do not step up and be independant then it will just be GOP squared. Which then neuters the TP and makes them just GOP shills. This is the make or break time for the first real possibility of a new party in decades.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't think the Tea Party is going to be used and abused like a young girl. I hope not.

SR, I heard you were so happy you were doing TWO glocks for free!

;)

I sure as hell hope not too. All I know is I saw alot of career politicians who are just as much a part of the big government problem as anyone else spouting off what the Tea Party wants to hear in complete contridiction to anything they've done in office.

What's really more likely...the Republicans used the Tea Party for votes or the Tea Party used the Republicans for votes? The answer is fairly obvious.

I do agree this is the closest we'll probably ever come to a third party, but I just don't think it will last. People are rising up out of anger, and anger doesn't seem to be sustainable in this country. Voters will settle down now that they "won" the midterms and forget that it's both parties ruining this republic of ours.

That said, republican > democrat any day of the week. Yes, I'm happy. Just not "two Glock" happy. :P

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I sure as hell hope not too. All I know is I saw alot of career politicians who are just as much a part of the big government problem as anyone else spouting off what the Tea Party wants to hear in complete contridiction to anything they've done in office.

I noticed that too........but politicians will be politicians.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If anyone is not in a Tea Pary Group it is hard to understand the concept in full. It is a mindset, determination to hold on to the Constitution , a determination for responsible government. Don't think thats possible ?? Don't join the Tea Party, you will be miserable

Look to the fact that we are a national force of power, less than 3 years ago we were NOT.

Think the Republicans invented the Tea Party ?? Don't join, you'll be miserable

Tea Party Dawg here
    :heart: :rockon:

Top Bottom