Congressman Scalise on the Second Amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Scalise = best congressman ever.

yeah, except he voted for CISPA (twice!), NDAA (twice!), FISA, Patriot Act...also voted NO for repealing the Indefinite Detention Clause in the NDAA....I'm sure there's a ton more but all I had time for was a 60 second search.

Yeah, Scalise is a really really great congressman. But by golly gee he sure does support the 2ndA.

:eek3:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    yeah, except he voted for CISPA (twice!), NDAA (twice!), FISA, Patriot Act...also voted NO for repealing the Indefinite Detention Clause in the NDAA....I'm sure there's a ton more but all I had time for was a 60 second search.

Yeah, Scalise is a really really great congressman. But by golly gee he sure does support the 2ndA.

Understanding your jab; surely you can't expect to have the same level of interpretation of the Constitution across the board when relating to 21st century technology? It's not necessarily the laws relating to cyberspace or privacy themselves; but how they can be corrupted and abused which is the potential problem.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

36252082.jpg

Same thing for Vitter and Jindal. Favorite Senator, favorite Congressman/Governor.

Half of that crap I don't give a damn about, the other half I say "oh well we don't agree on everything."

The only way to get my perfect candidate into office would be for myself to personally run for office and be elected.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Understanding your jab; surely you can't expect to have the same level of interpretation of the Constitution across the board when relating to 21st century technology? It's not necessarily the laws relating to cyberspace or privacy themselves; but how they can be corrupted and abused which is the potential problem.

Depends...but to say a congressman who WANTS indefinite detention of US Citizens without Trial is the best congressman ever......yikes

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    36252082.jpg

Same thing for Vitter and Jindal. Favorite Senator, favorite Congressman/Governor.

Half of that crap I don't give a damn about, the other half I say "oh well we don't agree on everything."

The only way to get my perfect candidate into office would be for myself to personally run for office and be elected.

ok...keep supporting the status quo

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Talking about Sandy Hook he mentions how the criminals will not listen to another law on the books and having more laws will do no good.

Talking about Katrina he mentions the criminals going door to door confiscating weapons... so he makes another law to prevent this.

8806d_ORIG-Cant_tell_if_serious_.jpg

Dishonored

Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Talking about Katrina he mentions the criminals going door to door confiscating weapons... so he makes another law to prevent this.

I believe you might want to watch it again. He said law enforcement was going door to door confiscating weapons so he passed legislation making it illegal for any type of gov't to confiscate firearms even in a natural disaster.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I love how people will happily turn a blind eye to some great travesties so long as the guy votes pro-gun.

What would you rather have? A congresscritter voting in support of constitutional freedoms, restrictions on government, voting to empower the people, but re-enacting the '94 AWB - Or would you rather a congresscritter that votes to keep gun rights as-is (but won't even talk about modifying or repealing GCA, NFA, Hughes, etc) but votes against your right to personal privacy, trial, speech, expression, political privacy, supports big business's attempts to restrict competition, sells nature-rights to businesses, approves unconstitutional detention, waives the right to a speedy trial, and constantly intrudes upon free commerce of private individuals?

Sometimes I think gun nuts think the only important thing in the world is their 30 round mags and flash hiders.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I love how people will happily turn a blind eye to some great travesties so long as the guy votes pro-gun.

What would you rather have? A congresscritter voting in support of constitutional freedoms, restrictions on government, voting to empower the people, but re-enacting the '94 AWB - Or would you rather a congresscritter that votes to keep gun rights as-is (but won't even talk about modifying or repealing GCA, NFA, Hughes, etc) but votes against your right to personal privacy, trial, speech, expression, political privacy, supports big business's attempts to restrict competition, sells nature-rights to businesses, approves unconstitutional detention, waives the right to a speedy trial, and constantly intrudes upon free commerce of private individuals?

Sometimes I think gun nuts think the only important thing in the world is their 30 round mags and flash hiders.

+1

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

I don't know all of the specifics to the general statements you make, but I feel as though Congressman Scalise is about as good a congressman as we're ever going to get. And it's not that I think he's the lesser of two evils, I agree with just about everything he says and does, and I trust him to make the best decisions and to represent my district's core values.

I never get the impression that Scalise is not in favor of expanding the rights of gun owners. But perhaps I am wrong. . . I would be very interested to see where he has turned down requests to modify the NFA, CGA, etc.

I see Scalise as as one of our greatest heroes for freedom in congress. Stuff like the patriot act, political privacy, etc. doesn't bother me or concern me. Perhaps I haven't taken it upon myself to be well enough informed, or perhaps I'm just not wearing enough tin foil.

Libertarianism is wonderful in theory (and probably would be great in reality), but it's an utopian and unrealistic idea which will never be fully embraced by our society. Criticizing folks like Scalise is like saying the supermodel who gained 5lbs is "a big fatso" and is "totally unattractive." I don't think you have a realistic idea of the laws, our society, an electable congressman, or where our country can reasonably go in the future.

However I will say I acknowledge the need for and appreciate the folks who keep up the pressure on the right as the battle is constantly being waged by the left.

Top Bottom