Councilwoman compared saying the Pledge to reading from "The Communist Manife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    eat%20popcorn.gif

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    political correctness. it actually seems like an oxymoron, but I believe that it is actually the cancer that could be the death of the greatest nation on earth. how sad. what have we as a nation done to make us collectively feel such blind guilt that we are willing to make these types of concessions?

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Take "under God" back out. Then no one can claim religious reasons for not saying it.

For a lot of these people it is the whole Pledge that the have a problem with.
    They hate the U.S. & they hate the flag. They claim that they are a citizen of the world. :rolleyes:

A kid who was almost my step-son, is like this.
    Frickin' liberal college profs. put this crap in their brain. :mad:

Art

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Take "under God" back out. Then no one can claim religious reasons for not saying it.

IF you and she ,the councilwoman, don't want to say, under God, thats your right. But let us who want it alone and plug your ears.

We still live in the greatest nation ever on earth and some still bitch about having it their way. What would Stalin or Hitler do, to have it their way ?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Not many persons or corporations are being tried for espionage anymore, so you have to wonder why there would be a pledge of allegience debate at all. When they found GE parts associated with IED's and other weapons in Iraq(sold during the sanctions and prohibitions against selling to any countries that actively dealt with Iraq), that actually killed our own guys, and Jeffrey Immelt wasn't charged with treason, why bother?

The pledge is not like the Constitution. But this is yet another example of numbskulls tryng to denegrate the spirits of the "Proud to be American" crowd.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well who should be moved to discomfort?

The one's who want to say it should not be able to,
    or
    The one's who don't should have to hear it?

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    IF you and she ,the councilwoman, don't want to say, under God, thats your right. But let us who want it alone and plug your ears.

We still live in the greatest nation ever on earth and some still bitch about having it their way. What would Stalin or Hitler do, to have it their way ?
    I never said I don't want to say "under God", did I? But since you want to jump my ****, are you aware that the pledge didn't contain the phrase "under God" for the first 62 years of it's existence? It was religious groups bitching about wanting it their way that got it changed.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Not trying to be rude Ben. Everyone can't have their way . I believe the article said it was placed in the pledge in 1954 . In fighting gets this country no-where. Sorry thaT OFFENDED YOU.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville

negative. we need to bow up and tell whoever doesn't like it to go back to wherever they came from, and if they were from here they can just pick a place and go. if we start trying to erase God from the history of the U.S., we're going to have to destroy a lot of history in the process. frankly, I don't care what the reason is that you don't want to say it but if you're an elected official doing the business of the country and can't bring yourself to say it, then you may as well be a traitor.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    negative. we need to bow up and tell whoever doesn't like it to go back to wherever they came from, and if they were from here they can just pick a place and go. if we start trying to erase God from the history of the U.S., we're going to have to destroy a lot of history in the process. frankly, I don't care what the reason is that you don't want to say it but if you're an elected official doing the business of the country and can't bring yourself to say it, then you may as well be a traitor.

omg... I could care less if my elected official wants to say it or not... i mean, last time I checked we were still in a free (i use the term loosely) country and it's everyone right to say it or not...that's what this country was founded on... liberty! To me they are just executing one of their rights.

Calling someone a traitor for not wanting someone to recite the pledge is ludicrous, and against everything this country was founded on.

Aaron

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    A kid who was almost my step-son, is like this.
    Frickin' liberal college profs. put this crap in their brain. :mad:

Art

If a kid is actually swayed by whatever liberal agendas are pushed his way in college, he doesn't deserve the brain in the first place-- IMHO.

You are however correct about the general trend and themes of the curriculum. It's actually something of a tragic comedy, from a pre-educated student's perspective.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    omg... I could care less if my elected official wants to say it or not... i mean, last time I checked we were still in a free (i use the term loosely) country and it's everyone right to say it or not...that's what this country was founded on... liberty! To me they are just executing one of their rights.

Calling someone a traitor for not wanting someone to recite the pledge is ludicrous, and against everything this country was founded on.

Aaron

well, aaron, maybe obviously you and I see the pledge entirely differently. I see it almost like an oath, like when one becomes a member of the military or any other time one must "pledge" to be loyal and/or accountable to an entity, or something that stands for or represents that entity, like perhaps a flag. you don't want to say it? fine, but I'd prefer my elected officials to share my beliefs and not only saying the pledge but meaning it and living it would be good for starters. nothing against anyone else's liberty to not say it.

bryan54

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    That's what wrong in this country. Americans should be proud of our country. If you don't like it pack your bags and get the hell out.

Malaka

Seeker of Truth
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Covington, LA
    Did anyone notice this gem at the end of the article? They're pimping that globalist agenda hard in the schools these days...

Resident Anita Sullivan summed up a common viewpoint: “So you say I pledge allegiance and right there I don’t care for that language,” Sullivan says. “It sort of means loyalty to your country; well, I feel loyalty to the entire world.”

Top Bottom