Coyotes in slidell.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Been in this neighborhood for 3 years and never seen one. It was right by my house last night. Like I could have hit it with a rock close. Like 20 yards close. In the city. That's really brave for them. Should we be worried? Try to kill it? If it's this bold and there's others im worried it will attack kids

Sent from my ball and chain.

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    The small kids is what I'm worried about lol. I'm glad I carry just in case and im gonna let the neighbors know

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Yes I remember that on the news. Wonder what's bringing them in. Bold moves.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I don't know if we still have a coyote problem in the neighborhood (SE side of Slidell, outside city limits) but we certainly have fewer cats now.

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    That's where I'm at. Brownswitch and military area. It's just a bunch of neighborhoods here and no woods so they have to cross a lot of ground in the open to get here. It wouldn't be bad to lose a few of the stray cats. I just worry bout the kids. This was a big one about the size of a German Shepard and it ran right in front of me around 2330 last night.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    On a positive note they help with the raccoon and possum population. I have a couple of game camera pics from my yard taken about a year apart. This was before I starting using composting drums. My compost pile had trails leading to it like spokes of a wagon wheel. I have cats and realized I needed to minimize food for the wildlife. If I had small kids like you do I would be worried. It's rare for a yote to attack a person but your children are your life. FWIW crossbows are great urban pest control tools.

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Ya I don't have kids lol. Neighbors do and I never thought of the crossbow. Good point thanks

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Coyotes are opportunistic feeders, they hunt and will just as soon scavenge. We have encroached on their environment and now they are making a comeback. They are smart animals and are cautious. be aware of them, and eliminate anything such as pet food left outside that will attract them and it will be ok. They will take care of cats and small dogs that are left out at night. Beware small yappy dogs.

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I had one that liked to visit my backyard in Laplace until one night and he committed suicide by way of a .22 to the head. Who new ?

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Dang sniper well I hope this one does too . Thank you for the info gator. Good to know

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I've only seen one coyote near me in Mandeville since I moved here in 2005. I've seen about 6 foxes though. Got one on the dash cam a couple of times on the way to work early on the morning. There's at least one house nearby that I know has chickens. But the last time I saw a fox was about a month ago on he was flat as a pancake in the middle of the road.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I've only seen one coyote near me in Mandeville since I moved here in 2005. I've seen about 6 foxes though. Got one on the dash cam a couple of times on the way to work early on the morning. There's at least one house nearby that I know has chickens. But the last time I saw a fox was about a month ago on he was flat as a pancake in the middle of the road.

I grew up between Lacombe and Thompson Rd, there have always been coyotes around, foxes too. I would find sign all the time in the woods, but never saw a coyote. Also, up on the north end of Dixie Ranch Rd, there used to be a few cougars. Not the hot to trot lady types, I mean the feline ones. Bobcats here and there as well. No shortage of large predators around.

Top Bottom