Cracklins: Where to buy in the Hammond area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Can anyone tell me where to find fresh Cracklin's around the Hammond area? I dont want the rock hard, chip a tooth crap in the bag at the local gas station. I'm talking about the good ole fashioned homemade cracklins, like you get at the Best Stop in Scott LA. There has to be somewhere closer that cooks them up.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    It IS nice having a job that is within 5 miles of The Best Stop, Dons Specialty Meats, and Billys boudin(awesome boudin balls with cream cheese).

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Like This?

Cracklin's like this:

5t0sx9x8wvjlqmk2x5vm.jpg

There's a new place in Denham Springs/Watson "Day's Smoked Meats located on Hwy 16

Let me tell you I've had cracklins from all of the places nameg above and them some however; Dave's IMHO are #1 and Widening the gap

Consistant, seasoned/or not to perfection and no Crumbs/bits and pieces in the bag JUST WHOLE Cracklins.

And that's just a start the Beef Jerky is to kill for and the smokes sausage....uh sorry don't get me started lol

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la
    Ronnies boudin & Cracklin House 9830 Fla BLVD BR has the best. And if you run across Bonneval foods cracklins in the bag they are very good you wont break your
    teeth

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Cracklin's like this:

5t0sx9x8wvjlqmk2x5vm.jpg

There's a new place in Denham Springs/Watson "Day's Smoked Meats located on Hwy 16

Let me tell you I've had cracklins from all of the places nameg above and them some however; Dave's IMHO are #1 and Widening the gap

Consistant, seasoned/or not to perfection and no Crumbs/bits and pieces in the bag JUST WHOLE Cracklins.

And that's just a start the Beef Jerky is to kill for and the smokes sausage....uh sorry don't get me started lol

Smoked ribs are 10-11 per rack
    Smoked brisket 6.99 a lb
    The food is EXCELLENT at day's

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Sorry guys, nobody makes cracklins (gratons) like Goulas in Parks, La. Always fresh, cut small and crunchy, not stale, and full of the good stuff. They only make a 5gal bucket every day and when it's gone you're SOL. Unless you know where it is good luck finding the place because it's small and if you blink your eyes you'll miss it. Best bet is when you get near Breaux Bridge stop and ask someone for directions because they all know where that place is.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I will say that so far the best I've had (including NuNu's in Youngsville) are from Danny and Bonnies Seafood in Gretna, La. The sauce that they put on them really makes the difference.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    And here I am in the culinary wasteland of the Kentucky BlueGrass . . . .

I am salivating all over the keyboard.

Rats!

I got my hair cut in Central once a month when I lived in BR. I would stop at the place across from where Flannery hits Greewell Springs for my monthly bag of cracklins. They were really good.

:ugh:

Top Bottom