Crawfish Boil for Troops? Update!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Everyone,

I am an active participant in helping the Freedom Alliance (Oliver North's Group), that provides troop dinners, family get togethers, gift boxes from home, for the troops on duty and returning.

The 101st air division, 1-502nd Air Assault, Delta Company, fourth platoon just returned home on Sunday to Fort Campbell, KY. from a one year tour in Afghanistan.

They have 1 soldier in the platoon who's been to a crawfish boil once and convinced the rest to have a crawfish boil for the coming home party with family.

The Freedom Alliance asked me if I could provide the crawfish (100-150# live), the seasoning, and the pot and possibly the burner for their get together next Sunday. I am going to take care of the arrangements, the shipping, etc.

The Freedom Alliance would pay for it and I would donate as always, but would any of you be interested in throwing in a few bucks to make sure this thing gets done right for these returning warriors?

Below is an e-mail they sent to FA during their tour:

Fourth platoon Dco. deployed in May of 2010 to support Operation Enduring Freedom in the Kandahar Provence of Afghanistan. During the first few months of their deployment they (along with the rest of Wardog company) secured their section of highway 1, a main supply route for coalition forces throughout Afghanistan.This resulted in the disruption of movements of the anti American forces throughout the country. In August Dco was tasked to support Bco's clearance operation of the worst part of first Battalion's aria of operation. After Bco. suffered a tragic loss, fourth platoon was ordered to dismount from their trucks along with third platoon to support the operation. Ill prepared for the extended operation these soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) established a strong point and completed a successful battle hand over to HHCco and their Afghan counterparts. Immediately following Dco focused on their own A.O. forcing the local Taliban out of an aria previously untouched by C.F. during the subsequent months fourth platoons support of the company was paramount to the Wardog's success in its new aria of operations. In the following months Dco, along with its Afghan counterparts and with the support of one attached Bco. platoon, was able to successfully uncover almost 70 dismounted improvised explosive devices and over 100 hidden Taliban weapons cachets. The success of the Wardog company is a tribute to the fallen heroes of the 502nd Infantry Brigade during Operation Enduring Freedom10-11. God bless the families of our fallen.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I should add, the Freedom Alliance is a non-profit group supported soley by dontaions.

Anything we do will go as a group gift from Bayou Shooter and gun enthusiasts of Louisiana!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am sort of their Louisiana liason. Whatever we collect for this from any of you, will all go to the Freedom Alliance, I will pay for everything they need with my company check and the FA will reimburse me for my expenses minus my own donation.

You guys make the check out to the Freedom Alliance. It is a tax deductable charitable contribution. PM me and I will give you name and address so I can keep track of who is contributing and what to expect. Everyone will get a receipt from the FA and all who contribute will get props.

Anything we collect beyond the boil, we will just let them keep for future troop dinners, family nights, etc.

Just as a side note, my company and some of my vendors sent over 300 boxes or "Gifts from Home" last Christmas full of Louisiana type stuff along with the items they need want, cards, mags, shaving stuff, candy, etc..The AF coordinator was ecstatic and asked me if there was anything she could do for me, just ask. So I asked, how often do you see Col. North? She told me she was seeing him that weekend. I said, I will pay for the Colonel's book, American Heroes, if you get him to autograph for me.

He did! It is pretty cool.:

And it was a good read!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Bump

I know alot of you guys are hardcore supporters of our military as I, and since I posted this when alot of members were on Easter vacations, breaks, etc., I wanted to run it through on more time. Pm if interested.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Is there a way we can send funds via PAYPAL as a gift? I am sure some guys such as myself would be happy to give this way as well! And since it would be set as a GIFT there are NO associated fees!
    Just something to think about!

KT

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Link For Direct Contribution.

Here is the link to donate specifically for the crawfish boil. I am not sure how to make it a hot link. Just copy and paste in address bar.

Support.freedomalliance.org/crawfish

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I'm no internet guru but when I copy and paste it the first sight is Bayou Shooter. Now I understand I do chase my own tail around in circles but can someone get me out of this spin? I would like to make a donation.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm no internet guru but when I copy and paste it the first sight is Bayou Shooter. Now I understand I do chase my own tail around in circles but can someone get me out of this spin? I would like to make a donation.

Try opening a new tab or browser window. Clear the address bar, then paste the link address and hit enter. If that doesn't work PM me.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Got it. I previously used google when I pasted the link and it was taking me the long way around the pond. When pasted in internet explorer bingo. I hope it is a successful tongue burning event. And for the green crawfish eaters I hope they don't get "playful" with their spouse after handling cooked spicey crawfish:D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Crawfish and seasoning is on the way! Entire thing is paid for by donations!

I don't know who sent money via the link on the FA site, but I will find out and will make sure you get your recognition.

Also, I will have the troops send me some pics for all to enjoy!

Thanks, guys!

Screamin Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Hey yall :) I googled crawfish and Fort Campbell, Ky and this post came up!

My husband is in the 159 CAB and we are posted at Fort Campbell, Ky. His unit has deployed and he was left behind on rear d due to an injury. He is really struggling with being left behind and some of his buddies are coming back on R&R this summer and we want to throw a big bar b q in our back yard on post.

Can I ask, Where did you buy the crawfish? Was the experience good? What can I expect to pay per pound plus shipping? Whats a reasonable amount? I am from the great state of Texas, where you can buy crawfish in the store...but KY seems to be drier than a desert in a drought when it comes to sea food.

Ive been piddling around online looking for a place to order but the places I've seen are insanely priced! If I were to drive to pick up some craw fish, which state closest to Fort Campbell, Ky would carry mud bugs?

Top Bottom